Episode III: Return of the Imageworks?

jedimaster1227

Was this found from doing a search, or was ther a link somewhere? I can't believe that this is on the WDW website.

I found this a few days ago while doing some bored searching on the site (I searched Dreamfinder and came up with that). I reported it to a friend that posted it to his website and twitter, and now its here!

Someone posted something waaaay to soon.

Yep... Sortof. :animwink:

aladdin2007

Originally Posted by marni1971
Someone posted something waaaay to soon.
Yep... Sortof. :animwink:

Well sounds like there is a glimmer of light for Imagination 4.0 down the road at least. :)

Mr.EPCOT

At first, I was just going to say that someone just got ahold of an old list, but it sure is an interesting mix of old and new... and not there yet?:

Walt Disney World's crazy website said:
-Dreamfinder's School of Drama – Become the star of your very own film using greenscreen technology
-Stepping Tones – Create your own music by stepping on electronic picture panels
-Figment's Coloring Book – Using electric paintbrush guns, add a little color to Figment and Dreamfinder
-Electric Philharmonic – Conduct an orchestra through the use of electronic sensors
-Rainbow Corridor – Stroll through an illuminated tunnel where colored lights follow you
-Vibrating Mirrors – Watch as your reflection changes right before your eyes
-Kaleidoscopes – Spin eye-popping colors in intricate designs via large-size kaleidoscopes
-Voice-Activated Lumia – Speak out and behold a bevy of shimmering light effects
-Bubble Projectors – Blow virtual bubbles on a circular screen and create colorful colors
-Figment's Melody Maker – Help Figment play an instrument to the tune of "One Little Spark"

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that the Vibrating Mirrors and Voice-Activated Lumia have ever been there.

mcjaco

I need to be the realist here and say that I think that this is just a major mistake. As much as I would like to see things revived...this would make no sense. Especially for those who have been up there, a lot of that stuff probably isn't working well. I know it looked like a dusty attic when I was there, and most of the stuff is incredible outdated.

Totally agree. It's a mistake. Someone cut and pasted from some old info. Besides, why would they 1) redo the floor of the Imageworks downstairs last year when they knew tehy would be doing this, and 2) completely recreate something that is sort of still there? That's dumbing down (or dare I say Walmarting :lookaroun) their own creative system.

While I would tend to agree with you, this would be a HUGE mistake. Like ridiculous. How could this get past what I'm sure is an unnecessarily long bureaucratic process for stuff to be put on the website.

Bureacratic, yes. That doesn't mean someone couldn't have made a mistake. Perhaps some used old info to create a prototype page, and simply forgot to take the old info off.

DisneyMusician2

At first, I was just going to say that someone just got ahold of an old list, but it sure is an interesting mix of old and new... and not there yet?:

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that the Vibrating Mirrors and Voice-Activated Lumia have ever been there.

What about the electronic philharmonic? I don't remember that one, but it could be my own faulty memory.:)

DisneyMusician2

Interesting....I hope that something might come of this. I still have pictures of me in the rainbow tunnel on my first trip to the world....one of my favorite shots!

Ausdaddy

I would like to get into this thread, but I'm stuck on the title. It should either be "Episode VI: Return of the Imageworks?" or "Episode III: Revenge of the Imageworks?". :lol: I'm not sure that Imageworks would seek revenge, though.....or would it? :)

JWG

I guess I don't remember the world's largest digital camera in the old ImageWorks. I only remember it being in the new Kodak labs once you exit the right currently.

My hope was that this was a combined list of then and now, but if it's all just the old information then hope lost.

Mr.EPCOT

What about the electronic philharmonic? I don't remember that one, but it could be my own faulty memory.:)

That was part of the original ImageWorks, on the far left as you're facing it from the escalator/elevator area. It's kind of like the current Figment's Melody Maker, the difference is that all of the kiosks surround a central part with various musical instruments, and depending on which kiosk you step up to, you control one of the different instruments. It's still sitting there mostly, sign and everything.

Totally agree. It's a mistake. Someone cut and pasted from some old info. Besides, why would they 1) redo the floor of the Imageworks downstairs last year when they knew tehy would be doing this, and 2) completely recreate something that is sort of still there? That's dumbing down (or dare I say Walmarting :lookaroun) their own creative system.

Yeah, it's a mistake, but there seems to be more than just old info in there, like things that have never existed. But once again, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. It's also strange that it is a mix of old and current.

Mr.EPCOT

Nope that was there. Everything on that list was all there.

I beg to differ. Figment's Melody Maker is the current downstairs version of Electronic Philharmonic, and they're both on that list. They certainly didn't have the big digital camera. Plus, I'm still not too sure that the Vibrating Mirrors and Voice-Activated Lumia have ever been there.

I guess I don't remember the world's largest digital camera in the old ImageWorks. I only remember it being in the new Kodak labs once you exit the right currently.

Correct. I can't speak with absolute authority having not been alive when it opened, but I'm reasonably sure that digital cameras were not around in 1983.

WDWFigment

Confirmed. It's a mistake.

For all of you doubting this poster, this isn't really that telling. Of course it's a mistake--none of this stuff is open right now, which makes it a mistake.

Now, whether he means it's a mistake because it's outdated, or it's a mistake because it was posted too soon, remains to be seen.

Mr.EPCOT

Now, whether he means it's a mistake because it's outdated, or it's a mistake because it was posted too soon, remains to be seen.

I would say that it either has to be a mistake combining the current roster of exhibits with the old, or it is the projected roster once Journey Into Imagination 4.0 finally comes along. With the particular mix of what's on the list there, I would lean towards the latter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom