Episode III: Return of the Imageworks?

SirGoofy

I need to be the realist here and say that I think that this is just a major mistake. As much as I would like to see things revived...this would make no sense. Especially for those who have been up there, a lot of that stuff probably isn't working well. I know it looked like a dusty attic when I was there, and most of the stuff is incredible outdated.

Here's to hoping though for those things reopening in a 21st century way.

While I would tend to agree with you, this would be a HUGE mistake. Like ridiculous. How could this get past what I'm sure is an unnecessarily long bureaucratic process for stuff to be put on the website.

muteki

OMG, pleeeeeeeese let this be a sign of things to come! :sohappy:

I don't really remember, what is the status of the stairs/escalator up to the 2nd floor? Are they still there? I didn't look on our last trip because I thought a reopening was such a remote possibility.

Also, I thought that part of the reason of closing the top floor was for insurance or permit/fire reasons, that having one occupied floor in a building was cheaper than having 2 floors occupied or something like that. I think I read that somewhere...

This doesn't even seem possible, but I sure hope it is! Was this found from doing a search, or was ther a link somewhere? I can't believe that this is on the WDW website.

hpyhnt 1000

Well, all that info was... unexpected. Still, a cautiously optimistic spark has lit up my imagination. Heres hoping this happens. :D

asianway

The stairs, elevator, and escalator are still all there. While I know some stuff has been removed, it would be a cheap way to open a new attraction. I bet they could even convince some of us D23 holdouts to sign up if they had a desk up there to drop your $75

sarah91182

The stairs, elevator, and escalator are still all there. While I know some stuff has been removed, it would be a cheap way to open a new attraction. I bet they could even convince some of us D23 holdouts to sign up if they had a desk up there to drop your $75

Don't I know it! If they restored the old ImageWorks to what it was in it's heyday... heck, I'd pay for that gimmick! Plus, it's already blocked off, so how hard would it be to bring the new and/or refurbed attractions in after hours and work on refitting? It DOES all seem to good to be true... So many fond memories of dragging my mom up to the space, and my mom trying to drag me outta there... :lol:

Pioneer Hall

While I would tend to agree with you, this would be a HUGE mistake. Like ridiculous. How could this get past what I'm sure is an unnecessarily long bureaucratic process for stuff to be put on the website.

Disney has made a number of mistakes on their websites in the past. So, it wouldn't strike me as odd if this was another one.

FigmentJedi

I'm hoping this is a sign they're finally doing it!
Granted, my hopes have been dashed repeatedly on this whole project for years now.

Thrill Seeker

I really hope this is true. It would make a ton of sense to open a new version of Imageworks up as it's own attraction and sort of a preview center for when they decide to shut down JIIwF and HISTA. I'd love to see Imageworks restored to it's former glory. I got a peek up the escalator and from what I saw it seemed like it was mostly in tact.

dxwwf3

Someone posted something waaaay to soon.

Until I read this I just assumed it was another mistake on the official Disney site. It's the last place I would go to get information that isn't directly operating hours.

But this post does give a bit of hope, no? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom