Epcot's New Future World Concept Art

disney4life2008

Like most of their concept art on ideas. I realize they do this to hype it up but why can't they either be honest in their artwork or actually make it look like the concepts?

Concept art always looks great. That is how they get buy in. If I recall the original Avatar land had more than 2 attractions in the art and it changed drastically over its 10 plus year building (jk).

danyoung56

...why can't they either be honest in their artwork or actually make it look like the concepts?

Because this is a part of the process. Have you ever looked at a single design concept from Disneyland to the animated movies? Woody didn't look ANYTHING like he does now. They've gotta start somewhere, and then get input, and then come up with better ways of doing things. It's a long process, and the fact that they labeled this "Blue Sky" is an indication that everything you see isn't at all a done deal.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Something about removing The Fountain of Nations just feels extremely wrong.
That white blob is probably the fountain of nations, it's never shown in full detail on the concept art, looks the same in this original concept art as well I have posted below. At the same time it's probably not even close to accurate. The adjacent building where the Space Resturant is planned to be isn't even in there.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom