Epcot

DisneySam

I am going to Epcot for the first time in July. What are the must-sees? I always seem to miss something I wanted to do. Any suggestions would be great! :wave:

DisneySam

Original Poster
I did look earlier, but there is so much. I guess a better question would be what is the best-of Epcot.

Whenever I go to MK I always end up missing one or two things that I wanted to do, just getting swept up in all of the other attractions and fun stuff.

Upvote 0

bhg469

really everything is a must see. not just because every attraction is great but you never know what they are goingto take out next. Mission space is one of my favs, it is such an origional ride you wont be disappointed. But Epcot being my favorite park i cant think of just one thing, everything is fun there. a bit of advice go thre hungry, everything is yummy there.

Upvote 0

longfamily

At Epcot you MUST see everything :p:p:p

I take it that you have been before, right?
If yes, you already know that you should wake up and go to the park at opening to fulfill the future world requirement. Do each pavillion early so that you can spend the rest of the day in the World Showcase, that is where the things that people tend to miss are located.

A few extras in future world that could be an interesting find...

-If you are a diver, You can participate in the Dive Quest program in the Living Seas. They allow divers (for a fee) to dive in the tank. This is a very neat experience so I am told.
-If you like to snorkel, they allow you to snorkel in the Living seas as well.
-Also, if you neither dive nor snorkel, but love Dolphins, the Dolphins In Depth program is available at LS too. You and your group will enter the tank and get to interact with the Dolphins!

Another extra that is not widely known yet...

-Epcot SEGWAY tour. If you don't know what it is, SEGWAY's are two wheeled moterized vehicles that you stand on to get from place to place. these vehicles were made popular by the film, Agent Cody Banks. The tour takes place in the World showcase before it opensto the public in the mornings. Reviews on the tour have been great!

Once you get to the World Showcase, take the time to figure out when the "street shows" for each country will take place. There are no boaring shows! Each opinion varies on which is the best so catch them all if you can. Also, try to explore each country as much as you can. They all have hidden treasures. For instance, most people don't realize that there is a pretty cool garden maze behind the buildings in Great Brit. Take in the 360 films too. They can be stuffy, but interesting too!

Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I agree with everyone else, do everything!

Here's how I normally do it...
1. Journey Into Imagination
2. Honey I Shrunk the Audience
3. Attractions at The Land
4. The Living Seas
5. Spaceship Earth
6. Ice Station Cool
7. Ellen's Energy Adventure
8. Mission Space
9. Test Track
10. El Rio Del Tiempo
11. Maelstrom
12. American Adventure
13. Stroll around World Showcase, shop, ride any favorite attractions again
14. Watch Illuminations

The things I skip if I'm in a hurry are Innoventions, Wonders of Life, and the other movies in World Showcase

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

Here are the musts IMHO

-Test Track
-Mission Space
-Spaceship Earth
-Honey I Shrunk the Audience
-Universe of Energy
-Malestorm
-American Adventure
-Illuminations
-Soarin
-Living with the Land

Everything else is great, but not really park defining. Have fun! If you see a ride that looks good, just ask us!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Well since it's your first time, I'll assume you don't know anything about the parks.

The part is split into two main sections, each with different hours. FutureWorld in the front of the park so you get to it first when you enter the main gates. Most of the attractions at FutureWorld open at 9am. FutureWorld contains most of the ride based attractions in the park. The two most popular thrill attractions are Mission:Space and Test Track. Test Track in particular has the longest wait times so either ride it first, or get a fast pass early. Spaceship Earth is a ride through animatronic attraction that is *gasp* educational. This is probably the only attraction in Future World who's spirit has survived largerly untouched since the park opened... a true classic attraction. Hit these three as MUST DO's.

Other notable FutureWorld attractions:
Journy into Imagination dark ride
Honey I Shrunk the Audience 3D movie
Living with the Land boat ride
Living Seas aquarium and interactive exhibits featuring the characters from Finding Nemo
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Wonders of Life's Body Wars and Carnium Command (if open this summer)

Most of these attractions are open until 7pm. Test Track, Mission:Space, and Spaceship Earth are open until the park closes.

The other half of the park is the World Showcase. These attractions all open at 11am. It's attractions showcase other cultures from around the world, represented by the 11 pavilions. Each offers unique shopping and dining that represent their host countries. Many also have unique gallaries and museums to show off their art, culture, or attractions.

There are only two ride based attractions: El Rio del Tiempo boat ride in Mexico and the Maelstrom boat/flume ride in Norway. Both are must dos for some. Maelstrom is an interesting, though short, ride and El Rio has some truely great show scenes, espcially at the begining. Canada, France, and China have movies that showcase their country.

The American Adventure at the American Pavilion is a great animatronic stage show for lack of a better term about the history of America. If you are a big fan of Disney's animatronic figures, this is a MUST SEE.

There are also several performance groups around the world showcase. Many people love the rock band with bagpipes, Off Kilter, in Canada, the acrobats in China, or the Taiko drummers in Japan. All are excellent and perform at various times through out the day.

But World Showcase's main MUST DO is the nightly fireworks show, Illuminations Reflections of Earth. This happens in and over the World Showcase lagoon at 9pm after all the attractions have closed. I highly highly HIGHLY recommend staying around for this show.

Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

PhilosophyMagic

You just cannot do everything in one day at Epcot, and if you try, you're likely to miss the best experiances. Here is VERY short list of attractions that are generally considered the absolute best and most popular in the park, apart from my or others' personal opinions. Whatever you choose to do, don't miss these:

-Mission: Space

-Test Track (long line... Fastpass recommended)

-Sorin' (located in The Land pavilion... opening in May)

-Spaceship Earth (long line in the morning, so ride later in the day)

-Maelstrom (located in Norway in World Showcase)

-The American Adventure (located in USA in World Showcase)

-IllumiNations (nightly sky show over World Showcase Lagoon... check Times Guide for hours and find a good viewing spot in advance)

Some people may not like some of these that much, and others may think some unlisted attractions are just as good, but the seven experiences listed seem to be generally considered the absolute top must-sees. Also, take your time walking around and exploring World Showcase. The detail is amazing, and, to me, is the most impressive experience at Walt Disney World. Have fun!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Moustronaut said:
Well since it's your first time, I'll assume you don't know anything about the parks.

The part is split into two main sections, each with different hours. FutureWorld in the front of the park so you get to it first when you enter the main gates. Most of the attractions at FutureWorld open at 9am. FutureWorld contains most of the ride based attractions in the park. The two most popular thrill attractions are Mission:Space and Test Track. Test Track in particular has the longest wait times so either ride it first, or get a fast pass early. Spaceship Earth is a ride through animatronic attraction that is *gasp* educational. This is probably the only attraction in Future World who's spirit has survived largerly untouched since the park opened... a true classic attraction. Hit these three as MUST DO's.

Other notable FutureWorld attractions:
Journy into Imagination dark ride
Honey I Shrunk the Audience 3D movie
Living with the Land boat ride
Living Seas aquarium and interactive exhibits featuring the characters from Finding Nemo
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Wonders of Life's Body Wars and Carnium Command (if open this summer)

Most of these attractions are open until 7pm. Test Track, Mission:Space, and Spaceship Earth are open until the park closes.

The other half of the park is the World Showcase. These attractions all open at 11am. It's attractions showcase other cultures from around the world, represented by the 11 pavilions. Each offers unique shopping and dining that represent their host countries. Many also have unique gallaries and museums to show off their art, culture, or attractions.

There are only two ride based attractions: El Rio del Tiempo boat ride in Mexico and the Maelstrom boat/flume ride in Norway. Both are must dos for some. Maelstrom is an interesting, though short, ride and El Rio has some truely great show scenes, espcially at the begining. Canada, France, and China have movies that showcase their country.

The American Adventure at the American Pavilion is a great animatronic stage show for lack of a better term about the history of America. If you are a big fan of Disney's animatronic figures, this is a MUST SEE.

There are also several performance groups around the world showcase. Many people love the rock band with bagpipes, Off Kilter, in Canada, the acrobats in China, or the Taiko drummers in Japan. All are excellent and perform at various times through out the day.

But World Showcase's main MUST DO is the nightly fireworks show, Illuminations Reflections of Earth. This happens in and over the World Showcase lagoon at 9pm after all the attractions have closed. I highly highly HIGHLY recommend staying around for this show.

Enjoy your trip!
I happen to wholeheartedly agree with this listing!!! The only item I would add is to review all of the World Showcase restuarants and eat at whichever one rocks your socks. Make a dinner priority seating for at least two hours before the Illuminations show so you have plenty of time to enjoy dinner and get out into the park for the fireworks!! My personal favorties are Le Cellier in Canada and Teppanyaki Grill in Japan. I didnt care for Italy at all. All of the rest are pretty good. Here is a link to Deb Wills' Website which has menus from all of the restaurants. Click the link on the left top part that says The Menus and then look for EPCOT!! http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm
Let me know if you have any questions, Belle

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

A tip--wait for afternoon or evening to do Spaceship Earth. First thing in the morning there are HUGE lines because it's the first thing everyone sees as they enter. Instead, head over and get FPs for Mission: Space and ride Test Track to pass the time (or the other way around).

And go on the Maelstrom in Norway!! It's short but fun!! :)

And I humbly suggest that you try lunch at Morocco, because I cannot stop singing its praises!

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

wannabeBelle said:
I happen to wholeheartedly agree with this listing!!! The only item I would add is to review all of the World Showcase restuarants and eat at whichever one rocks your socks. Make a dinner priority seating for at least two hours before the Illuminations show so you have plenty of time to enjoy dinner and get out into the park for the fireworks!! My personal favorties are Le Cellier in Canada and Teppanyaki Grill in Japan. I didnt care for Italy at all. All of the rest are pretty good. Here is a link to Deb Wills' Website which has menus from all of the restaurants. Click the link on the left top part that says The Menus and then look for EPCOT!! http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm
Let me know if you have any questions, Belle
Only comment about Epcot dining. The restaurants are all pretty good but are not the best dining experiences on Disney properties. (Those are in the resorts... but that's another thread) Find one that looks good to you but if you come from an area that is has a wide variety of an ethnic type of food, you might find the Epcot version of this not up to your expectations. Atlanta has a ton of mexican and japanese places so we tend to find San Angel Inn and Teppankyaki Grill a bit lacking compared to our favorites back home.

But my wife and I love Bistro de Paris, the fish and chips in the UK, and the atmosphere in the Coral Reef. Going to try LeCellier on our trip next month.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

BE sure to catch a show by Off Kilter at the Canada Pavillion. They are awesome!

It's always fun to hang out at the exit to Mission Space to watch the dizzy people... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

DisneySam

Original Poster
Thank you for all the great adivce and tips!!!! I want to make sure to get the most out of Epcot when I go, because as I think everyone said you can't really do everything there in one day.

Upvote 0

longfamily

Actually, if you start early in the morning (opening), you can in fact do everything in Epcot in one day. Epcot is open the longest amount of time daily than any other park, typically from 8/9am to 10/11pm during May. Check operation times on this site or go to disney.go.com to find the exact times the parks will be open during your visit.

As for food, Epcot is known as the food place in my household:)
Each country in the World Showcase boasts authentic cuisine. Some countries have counter service for their native food and ALL countries have table dining (with the exception of America. I guess there are so many ways to dress up a burger or hotdog:lol:).
Others have already given suggestions on which restaurant is their favorite.
I would implore you to try food that you generally do not have access to. All of the restaurants are very good, it is Disney after all:slurp:. And since the foods in each country are authentic to that country, what could be a better opportunity to try something that you may never had the chance too?

If you are interested in the food and restaurant type/atmosphere/prices at Epcot, do a thread search and several lengthy threads will pop up for you to research your choices.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom