EPCOT World Showcase Dining with kiddos- Opinions Needed

The4mousekeeters

Original Poster
Hey there, so we've found ourselves thinking about booking one more TS meal and we'll be in EPCOT that evening. I've heard such great things about a lot of the World Showcase restaurants, but we'll have a 9 and 4 yr old with us, so some of the much nicer and more adventurous places will be out. My 9 yr old is more adventurous, so she'll be up for a nice meal. My 4 yr old - well, he's a 4 yr old!

Here's what's open to book - Nine Dragons, The Biergarten, San Angel Inn (which we've already done once before), Monsiuer Paul, Chefs de France, Restaurant Marrakesh and Tokyo Dining.

Experiences/Opinions?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Inside the parks, nothing is really ruled out for you with the kids. It is a family park, and you are going to have little ones right from newborns onwards. I would probably not do Monsieur Paul. it is the least child friendly of your picks, and has not had the best of reviews.

The Biergarten is extremely family friendly, and being a buffet, may be a good bet for the kids to find something they like.

The4mousekeeters

Original Poster
Great advice - thanks. Biergarten no longer available :(. Down to Nine Dragons, San Angel Inn, Tokyo Inn, and Restaurant Marrakesh.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Great advice - thanks. Biergarten no longer available :(. Down to Nine Dragons, San Angel Inn, Tokyo Inn, and Restaurant Marrakesh.

See if the Garden Grill is still available - good food, produce grown on site - and you get to meet Farmer Mickey, Pluto and Chip and Dale. I'm sure your kids would love meeting the characters.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think from that group it probably comes down to the food and which you menu you like the sound of. All are fairly similar in terms of child friendliness, although I would probably put Tokyo Dining at the bottom of the group in that regard.

Also consider the restaurants at Yacht and Beach. Very short walk from World Showcase, and it may open up some more options.

jaklgreen

Biergarten is one of my kids favorite places. It is always available for walkups. Just go right when it opens. We have been taking our kids to WDW every year since they were 1&2 years old and never once planned our meals around them. We went to whatever restaurant that we wanted and have always been able to feed them. We never order off of a kids meal we would just get 1 adult meal for them to share and the servers were very nice and usually split the plate for them. All Disney restaurants are great for customizing your meals. We would usually order the chicken or steak dish for the kids and some kind of vegi(broccoli or green beans whatever they had).

zurgandfriend

My DS always loved restaurant Marrakesh, it was where he first ate couscous and now eats it all the time. As he got older he really enjoyed watching the belly dancer but I digress.

HRHPrincessAriel

Inside the parks, nothing is really ruled out for you with the kids. It is a family park, and you are going to have little ones right from newborns onwards. I would probably not do Monsieur Paul. it is the least child friendly of your picks, and has not had the best of reviews.

The Biergarten is extremely family friendly, and being a buffet, may be a good bet for the kids to find something they like.
Perfectly said.

DisneyDebNJ

This ^^^ I have been bringing my son to Epcot for 2 decades, have eaten at most Epcot restaurants, and never had a problem. @wdwmagic is 100% correct, the dining experience at Monsieur Paul may be a bit much for a young one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom