Epcot to the Contemporary

daisyduckie

Original Poster
Am I right in thinking the only way to get to the Contemporary Resort from Epcot is the momorail? And there is no direct service, you have to transfer at the Ticket and Transportation Center? If so, how big of a pain is that at night when heading back after Illuminations?

I'm thinking of doing a partial stay at a villa next year, and I'm trying to decide between the Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower, and the new Poly villas if there would be any chance of booking one of those. We spend most of our nights at Epcot, but when discussing the options with my family, the Boardwalk was their last choice.

epcotisbest

Am I right in thinking the only way to get to the Contemporary Resort from Epcot is the momorail? And there is no direct service, you have to transfer at the Ticket and Transportation Center? If so, how big of a pain is that at night when heading back after Illuminations?

I'm thinking of doing a partial stay at a villa next year, and I'm trying to decide between the Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower, and the new Poly villas if there would be any chance of booking one of those. We spend most of our nights at Epcot, but when discussing the options with my family, the Boardwalk was their last choice.
Actually, there are lots of ways to get to Contemporary from Epcot, but the monorail is, in my opinion, the most direct and fun way to get there. Never considered the transfer at TTC to be a pain, but it will take a little extra time.
If you spend most of your time at Epcot, the ability to walk back to your room at Boardwalk is a huge plus, but I like Boardwalk so I may be a bit biased.

HouCuseChickie

My tip....Watch Illuminations from France, walk to BC, take a bus from BC to MK and just walk to the Contemporary from the MK bus stop. This should take you less time and you'll avoid the massive crowds at the front of the park.

Now, not sure how they are doing it now, but we did once go from Epcot back to the Contemporary at night...but it was EMH and they were only running buses back to the monorail resorts. So, that wasn't a huge deal.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My tip....Watch Illuminations from France, walk to BC, take a bus from BC to MK and just walk to the Contemporary from the MK bus stop. This should take you less time and you'll avoid the massive crowds at the front of the park.

Now, not sure how they are doing it now, but we did once go from Epcot back to the Contemporary at night...but it was EMH and they were only running buses back to the monorail resorts. So, that wasn't a huge deal.
I second this!

Kingoglow

I second the sentiment that transferring at TTC is not a hassle at all. But since you asked for options other than the monorail... you could always exit Epcot at the front entrance and hop on the bus to the Contemporary.

ABQ

How often have you done this?
Unless it's something they run on an as needed basis, there is no bus route from Epcot to the CR or MK
wdw-transport-map-full.png

BJones82

Im visiting in October and will be staying at the Contemporary :) This sounds like a great option for our Epcot days :) We will give it a shot!!

HouCuseChickie

Im visiting in October and will be staying at the Contemporary :) This sounds like a great option for our Epcot days :) We will give it a shot!!

We stayed at the Poly last trip and it worked like a charm. It's a decent spot to watch Illuminations, very few people were exiting via the International Gateway, we got lucky with bus wait times at BC and never waited more than 5 minutes, and voila- at MK with no hassle and no cranky end of the night crowds. MK is almost always open later than Epcot (we did this on a couple of MVMCP nights- so buses would be running for a while), so it's rare that this won't work.

Kit83

Never had a problem with wait times on the monorail getting back to CR . The majority of people are heading to the EPCOT car park and not to transport and resort MK line, it looks busy around the exit but its not for the monorail .

A tip for the fireworks hang out in the square in England listen/watch to the British Invasion(fantastic live music ) then get a spot near the pub to watch the fireworks and a pint of course.

tigger1968

We've done the monorail to CR before and enjoy it. Do what we do and take your time exiting the park. We typically hang out and enjoy the evening and let the crowds head out and then wander to the front. By that point there's usually little to no line for the monorail. More than once we've had an entire car to ourselves. As others have mentioned, the transfer at the TTC is no biggie. Give it a shot.

I will say that the option of taking a bus to WL and taking the boat over is a nice trip too. We've done that as well. Love WL and the ride over to CR at night is really cool.

Mukta

Taxi is an option too
It's a great option when you are tired at the end of the night and you are trying to exit the park at the same time everyone else is. Walk 7 minutes to the BC from Epcot. Grab a cab to your hotel. You'll be back in bed while people are still waiting for a monorail to come.

righttrack

It's a great option when you are tired at the end of the night and you are trying to exit the park at the same time everyone else is. Walk 7 minutes to the BC from Epcot. Grab a cab to your hotel. You'll be back in bed while people are still waiting for a monorail to come.

This is definitely the option to take if you're drinking around the world. Start in France, Finish in UK, exit, Beach Club and Cab.

ABQ

Actually, the brown route represents buses between parks, so you could get from Epcot to MK.
Looked into it a little further. Yes the brown is park to park, but there is no EP to MK unless the monorail is down or other extenuating circumstances. What's represented on the map is Epcot to AK and Epcot to Studios. As well as MK to AK and MK to Studios.

catmom46

Looked into it a little further. Yes the brown is park to park, but there is no EP to MK unless the monorail is down or other extenuating circumstances. What's represented on the map is Epcot to AK and Epcot to Studios. As well as MK to AK and MK to Studios.

Aha - great sleuthing! :cat:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom