Epcot to Boardwalk question...

radioandy

Can someone tell me the distance between the Epcot World Showcase park entrance and the Boardwalk? I'm going to WDW as a choir chaperone in December, and I'd like to sneak out for about an hour (with another chaperone on duty of course!) and check out the ESPN Club, etc.
It looks like a short walk or boat ride on the map. I'm not even sure if you can get out and back in to the park at that exit.
Thanks for any advice!

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by radioandy
Can someone tell me the distance between the Epcot World Showcase park entrance and the Boardwalk? I'm going to WDW as a choir chaperone in December, and I'd like to sneak out for about an hour (with another chaperone on duty of course!) and check out the ESPN Club, etc.
It looks like a short walk or boat ride on the map. I'm not even sure if you can get out and back in to the park at that exit.
Thanks for any advice!

It's about a 10 min walk for me...I'm short...my husband can walk it faster.The boat stops at other resorts before going to the boardwalk, so I would skip it. Prior to tightened security, you were able to go in and out at that entrance without a problem...maybe one of our "frequent" (more frequent than I) visitors/cast members can tell you about the current status.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Walk time is around 10 minutes. If you are on a tight time scale, I would recommend walking and not taking the boat - you cannot guarantee how long the boat ride will take! Can be very variable!

:)

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry about that Marcia! We must have been answering at the same time! :) At least we came out with the same answer!! :D

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by wdwmagic
Sorry about that Marcia! We must have been answering at the same time! :) At least we came out with the same answer!! :D

That's OK! I just thought there was an echo in here!!;)

Upvote 0

radioandy

Original Poster
Thank you both! I think I'll stroll over there while everyone else is in line for an hour at Test Track, while it's breaking down every 15 minutes.
;)

Upvote 0

Maria

If it is during december, the park could be crowded.... so add at least 5 extra minutes to walk in the crowd... make sure you don´t do it while Tapestry of Dreams is running or you might get stuck in the parade! (I´m not sure if they have canceled the UK-Morocco part of the parade).

Definitely, do not take the boat from International Gateway to the Boardwalk.... takes forever! you´ll go faster if you walk... ;)

I would say, 10 minutes from IG to Boardwalk, but from Test Track takes another 10! I do walk fast.... but I also worked there, so was used to walking fast around the park; you will probably be going as a tired tourist! hehe ;) :)

Upvote 0

DanStat

Distance

Hey...when we went this year (March-April), the boat really didn't make sense <-- we were in a hurry, because there was a line, and it took ten minutes to get between the two. Because they are free roaming boats, they have to "dock" them, rope them up, unload, etc. If you are in a hurry, a brisk walk can take you from the World Showcase to the Boardwalk within about 5 minutes.

(Basically the same thing Maria said!)

Upvote 0

radioandy

Original Poster
I'm a fast walker so it shouldn't be problem getting over there. My wife is always saying "Wait on me!" That's especially true when we're walking to the stadium for a football game, or toward the gate at Disney...can't help it, the five-year-old in me just comes out! :D

Upvote 0

radioandy

Original Poster
And by the way...we got word from the travel/performance agency that our choir has been approved for the Candlelight Dec. 21!
Now we have to pray there are no more attacks. Our Board of Ed. has already cancelled all field trips to NY and DC the rest of the year. This anthrax thing has me worried Florida may soon be on the list too. :eek:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom