Epcot strategy with a Nemo obsessed 2.5 year old

mgc

Original Poster
Hello All-
I am heading to Disney in November with my 2 1/2 year old...He LOVES Nemo (so we are staying at Art of Animation) and, of course, we want to do the Nemo ride at Epcot.

I am a little concerned about crowds as we will be there during Food & Wine festival and "Jersey Week". Our plan is to go to Epcot on Monday 11/7 with the hopes that this day might be a little less crowded than later in the week?

We were late planning this trip, so the only character breakfast I could book is at the Garden Grill at 9:25 am... My priorities for Epcot (in this order) are 1. The Seas with Nemo Pavillion (nemo ride, looking at the aquarium, and Turtle Talk) 2. Walking the World Showcase and having lunch there 3. The character spot.

We'll do other things if we have time but I'm more concerned about going at our own pace and spending time where we most want to vs. cramming everything in.

My son is NOT one who will nap in the stroller so we will likely head back to the hotel around 2-2:30pm or so...Can anyone make suggestions about how I should time the Fast Passes and organize our day? I know my son will want to spend time looking at the aquarium and might want to ride the ride again. Should I cancel the 9:25 breakfast reservation to give us more park time?

Thanks so much for any help/advice!

SAV

If you get there at Rope Drop and head right to Nemo, it will be walk on. Most people go directly to Soarin' or Test Track. By the time you are done with that, it will be time to head over for your ADR.

Then you can go back and take in the Living Seas pavilion offerings and catch a Turtle Talk with Crush.

It's hard to give you any advice about your FP's since you didn't mention what you would be getting them for.

You know your son best, but maybe the walking around Epcot will tire him out enough where he will take a snooze in the stroller. Then you don't have to leave the park.

TDGMedley

i would keep the ADR. We ate there in December and my kids love it. the characters come around several times and interact with the kids. Not just once like other places. We enjoyed it so much we are going back in September for our trip. And I would do what they said try to go to Nemo when park opens, then when book your fastpass do Nemo again after your ADR then you can 2 to rides in. When i was doing our fastpass it books them a hour apart.

jaklgreen

At that time of year, you will have no issues getting onto Nemo. I would make a fastpass and then if you want to do on it later just wait in line. Most of the time the wait is under 20 minutes. And most of that time is just walking through the queue. Monday is a good day to go to Epcot. You will want to walk around world showcase early and get that done. Future world is busier in the first part of the day but then it switches in the evening. Rides like spaceship earth and Nemo are pretty much walk on in the evenings. If you are able to get your fastpasses for Nemo and character spot(I would also recommend living with the land) for the morning. Then you will be free to add others for later in the day. Keep your breakfast. Your son might also sleep in his stroller at WDW. My girls were both able to there and they never did at home. It is a lot of mental stimulation for little ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom