Epcot rumor per Jim Hill...

Homer fan

Original Poster
On his most recent Disney Dish podcast, Jim said there will be some releif on the Norway side of World Showcase, based off a 2017 Pixar movie. He said think about what pavilion is next to Norway. That is all he could say. I looked it up and it seems it would have to be some sort of attraction based off Coco in Mexico. Anyone have any more insight they could share? I'd imagine it wouldn't be a ride, since 2017 is coming up already. Maybe some other sort of attraction?

stretchsje

I said this is another thread, but my points are/were:
  • Jim Hill correctly predicted the new AA's going into Grand Fiesta Tour. IIRC he predicted this years in advance so clearly he has a good source for this area of the parks.
  • Epcot needs something to draw or split crowds away from Frozen Ever After. Jim made it sound as if this was Disney's solution to that problem; that was the context in which this was brought up. So, I think we're talking about a ride.
  • In the short term, that means losing the only other ride in the World Showcase while the remaining one has the longest waits in Orlando. Yikes.
  • It also (if reusing the Fiesta Tour ride) means Disney has not learned from Frozen Ever After's issues of low capacity. I think Disney needs to build a people-eater, maybe one with rats in Paris, but Jim hinted this might not come until 2021.
  • The Three Caballeros add nothing to the existing ride, and the Coco IP seems like it could be a perfect (and authentic) fit. I welcome the change.
  • If this is coming to the park in fall 2017, which is hard to believe, then that's such a compressed timeline that I don't expect much. I predict updates to Fiesta Tour's screens, mostly, with a replacement AA ending. Most of Three Caballeros were installed digitally too. How long was that refurb?

Last edited:

Bocabear

Seems like balancing out the World Showcase on the opposite side is what would bring relief...spread the crowds out rather than concentrate them in one area... I would think a new attraction in the Canada/UK/France area would make more sense... if giving crowd relief is the goal....and there are no rides on that side to close ...so it would be an actual addition to the roster....

JDL30

Pretty much.

I just dread a film about China, France or Canada that does well.

Or God forbid America.

It's odd though as Disney has had plenty of hit films (at least financial hits) in recent years that they don't seem to have acted on at all. Beyond meet and greets nothing for Inside Out, Big Hero 6 or Zootropolis despite having areas of the parks they could justifiably sit. Unless Chapek is going to turn this around with a renewed sense of SYNERGY - current Disney parks still seem very slow off the mark compared to the 90's.

stretchsje

Pretty much.

I just dread a film about China, France or Canada that does well.

Or God forbid America.
Mulan, Ratatouille, and... Brother Bear? This has been beaten to death already, but of those, Ratatouille actually takes place in Paris. Mulan... that's the Han Dynasty, which is historic China. In neither case does the story take place in a fictional city or deal with a fictional subject matter.

Last edited:

brb1006

Jim Hill has way to many rumors that never come to fruition for me to take him seriously.

I said this is another thread, but my points are/were:
  • Jim Hill correctly predicted the new AA's going into Grand Fiesta Tour. IIRC he predicted this years in advance so clearly he has a good source for this area of the parks.
  • Epcot needs something to draw or split crowds away from Frozen Ever After. Jim made it sound as if this was Disney's solution to that problem, that was the context in which this was brought up. So, I think we're talking about a ride.
  • In the short term, that means losing the only other ride in the World Showcase while the remaining one has the longest waits in Orlando. Yikes.
  • It also (if reusing the Fiesta Tour ride) means Disney has not learned from Frozen Ever After's issues of low capacity. I think Disney needs to build a people-eater, maybe one with rats in Paris, but Jim hinted this might not come until 2021.
  • The Three Caballeros add nothing to the existing ride, and the Coco IP seems like it could be a perfect (and authentic) fit. I welcome the change.
  • If this is coming to the park in fall 2017, which is hard to believe, then that's such a compressed timeline that I don't expect much. I predict updates to Fiesta Tour's screens, mostly, with a replacement AA ending. Most of Three Caballeros were installed digitally too. How long was that refurb?
A broken clock is right twice a day

DisneyFans4Life

Seems like balancing out the World Showcase on the opposite side is what would bring relief...spread the crowds out rather than concentrate them in one area... I would think a new attraction in the Canada/UK/France area would make more sense... if giving crowd relief is the goal....and there are no rides on that side to close ...so it would be an actual addition to the roster....
This would make the most sense.

It's an older IP, but 101 Dalmatians could be used in the UK. Pooh and Peter Pan were my first choices, but we already have rides for them at MK.

It would also be cool to have a Mulan ride in China.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom