EPCOT Rope Drop / International Gateway / Frozen

jrlbc06

Original Poster
We are staying at Beach Club and weren't able to get fastpasses to the new Frozen ride. We are planning to do it first, at rope drop but have never done rope drop at International Gateway. I googled and read a few posts about rope drop there, but they all predate the opening of Frozen. Anyone have any experience doing this? I'm assuming they don't let you walk around the back of World Showcase to Norway, but rather around the front. Were you at a disadvantage versus people who had entered by the main gate?

plutofan15

We just returned Tuesday night from a six night stay at the Yacht Club. We planned this trip only about a month out and were unable to get FastPasses for Frozen which was a must do for my 8 year old daughter. On Saturday morning we made sure we were at the International Gateway entrance by 8:00. We were the first to go through the bag check, metal detector and into the park. We made a beeline to Norway; you can only go left past Canada but if you move quick enough, you will beat the majority of the crowd coming from the main entrance. We did not run and Frozen was basically a walk-on for us. By the time we got off the ride, the wait time posted was 30 minutes. We then went next door to meet Anna and Elsa with about a 10 minute or so wait.

This is the way to go. We then walked back out the International Gateway, hopped a boat over to Hollywood Studios in plenty of time to use our 10:05 FastPass for Rock-n-Roller Coaster within the hour window.

Last edited:

Disney4family

If you don't have a Fastpass, first thing seems to be the only way to go. We just did it last Tuesday from the front of the park. Park opening for us was 9. They let us in at 8:40. At 9:04 we walked onto Frozen. When we got off there was already a 75 minute wait.
Good luck! I don't like the movie, but I did enjoy the attraction. It is really nice. Your daughter will love it!

jrlbc06

Original Poster
We just returned Tuesday night from a six night stay at the Yacht Club. We planned this trip only about a month out and were unable to get FastPasses for Frozen which was a must do for my 8 year old daughter. On Saturday morning we made sure we were at the International Gateway entrance by 8:00. We were the first to go through the back check, metal detector and into the park. We made a beeline to Norway; you can only go left past Canada but if move quick enough, you will beat the majority of the crowd coming from the main entrance. We did not run and Frozen was basically a walk-on for us By the time we got off the ride, the wait time posted was 30 minutes. We then went next door to meet Anna and Elsa with about a 10 minute or so wait.

This is the way to go. We then walked back out the International Gateway, hopped a boat over to Hollywood Studios in plenty of time to use our 10:05 FastPass for Rock-n-Roller Coaster within the hour window.

Thanks for the info, this is exactly what I was looking for! Much appreciated!

JillC LI

No problem - just make sure you are there at least a half hour before opening. I would avoid any morning Extra Magic Hour days. Like I said, we did not run but did walk quickly and managed to get there prior to most of the crowd coming from the front of the park.

Am I correct in assuming that you are suggesting to avoid EMH mornings if you cannot get in during that hour? I figured the wait might be even less if I got in at 8am and went straight there.

plutofan15

Am I correct in assuming that you are suggesting to avoid EMH mornings if you cannot get in during that hour? I figured the wait might be even less if I got in at 8am and went straight there.

If you cannot get in during EMH, you will be in line after all of those who could get in during EMH. In addition you will battling all the others who could not get in during EMH who will be making a dash to Frozen as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom