1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Epcot Quick Service Suggestions

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by Minnie1986, Aug 10, 2017.

1. KCheatle

KCheatle Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you like Sushi, but I think Katsura is a hidden gem. For the basics, the US pavilion has a lot of options similar to the Electric Umbrella so you wouldn't have to go back to Future World. I also like the Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in France. I like their sandwiches toasted and they have great desserts!!

jaklgreen likes this.
  2. mrscjohns

mrscjohns New Member

We always stop at the QS located in Mexico and China. My husband loves the orange chicken in China.

3. Mickey5150

Mickey5150 Well-Known Member

Tangierine cafe is a great place to eat and it's kids menu is chicken nuggets and hamburgers. Also Les Halles in France is awesome.

4. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

Count us in on loving Tangierine Cafe. It is a favorite and a must do every trip. And yes, my kids love it there, they order either the lamb or the chicken shawarma plate.

Weather_Lady likes this.
  5. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

Thank God for kids who are adventurous eaters! While mine love their boxed mac and cheese and chicken nuggets as much as the next kids, they also love to try new things, and generally are glad that they did. When we visit Tangierine Cafe they beg to order off of the grown-up menu (and of course we let them), because the food is so good!

helenabear and jaklgreen like this.
  6. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Was definitely planning on pizza, since it's my Godson's favorite and between the two of us, we'll only be getting one. Thanks for this!!

Weather_Lady likes this.
  7. jaklgreen

My kids eat every day "normal" food. I never gave them the typical "kids" food crap like mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. They ate what we did and I cook most meals. I know what you mean though. We always ordered an adult meal for them to split. Just normal stuff like chicken breast and some broccoli, steak, shrimp, etc. I makes me disgusted that most of the children's meals they serve are over processed, low nutrition crap. Little kids will eat what you serve them and if you serve a variety of foods, then they are more likely to try something new. My kids loves going to WDW to try different types of food. I think that we as parents need to encourage kids to try new and different foods.

DisneyPrincess5 and Minnie1986 like this.
  8. Minnie1986

Completely forgot about F&W!! I'll be there in late September. I think I'll find something kid friendly for him and stick to my usual snacking around the "world."

JohnD likes this.
  9. jaklgreen

Get him to try the foods at the food booths. You never know what you are going to like unless you try it. I think people just fall into this "kid" food rut and think that children would not like other types of food. If you think about it, these "kids meal" menus have only been out for a few decades. Before that children just ate what their parents did.

JohnD likes this.
  10. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

I agree with this. You never know what he will like. Keep in mind most of the QS around WS will have lots of options if the F&WF food isn't what he's interested in.

I know it's your Godson and not your child so you're more likely to spoil, but I think letting him look first at foods might be fun!

I'm lucky in that my kid eats most everything. Though he doesn't have a liking for squishy nuggets or mac & cheese from a box (he does love home made - dang he spoiled). I can usually find him something like grilled chicken worst case, but most of the time he likes child portions of real foods.

JohnD and jaklgreen like this.
  11. jaklgreen

Yes! Always encourage to try new things right? I do wish that WDW did offer more normal food options in smaller portions for kids.

helenabear likes this.
  12. helenabear

I agree! Some places too have such bland food that no one wanted to eat it. We had that issue at BOG - after the 2nd meal came back bland, we just split my meal. I don't expect them to make it maybe as complex as they could, but stop making them blah.

Even if they can take a 'kid's menu item' and make it better. Sanaa with the naan pizza or the butter chicken (chicken in a good sauce). Spice Road with thick 'sliders' on a brioche bun with hummus and carrots. Skippers Canteen has some great options too I think. It has gotten better IMO. I remember about 8 years ago the food was even worse, so I give them credit for expanding. I ate some of the pizzas and burgers they had before and they were gross. My kid was much happier eating my food too and my husband would eat the dry bland stuff while our son ate off of us (not that he wanted it either, he just would be more willing to eat it than we were) I can at least find something that isn't just fried foods now. The QS menus have been expanding some too. Still we are in DVC villas now and we often just do 1 meal in the parks a day with the other two back at the room.

jaklgreen likes this.
  13. crxbrett

crxbrett Well-Known Member

Katsura Grill is great. Also very peaceful and relaxing at night since it's sort of tucked away high up looking down at the lagoon. Love the Japanese garden there, too.

Eddie Garrison and jaklgreen like this.
  14. Minnie1986

I'm with you on that one. My mom did the same with us, and I'm glad for it. I'm definitely going to use this trip to broaden his horizons. There's so much he's missing out on.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 12:42 PM
    helenabear and jaklgreen like this.
  15. Polydweller

Polydweller Well-Known Member

Our 2 favorites are Tangerine Cafe and Katsura but you can't go wrong at Sunshine Seasons.

crxbrett and jaklgreen like this.
  16. jaklgreen

I get what you are saying. I have watched my nieces and nephews over the years and their mom can not cook. So they usually eat more junk style food because she says that they don't like "normal' food and will only eat, nuggets, crap, crap, etc. But every time they are with me, I just make normal food for the family and they scarf it down like they have not had food in 4 days. It is a fine line when dealing with other kids, I get that. We just don't tell their mom what they ate when they are with us, win-win. LOL I am sure you guys will have a great time.

helenabear and Minnie1986 like this.
  17. Minnie1986

Same here. When he's with me, I can usually get him to eat whatever I do. His mom, however, has no such luck. I remember the first time I took him for the weekend, I was given an exhaustive(verbal)? list of what he will and won't eat. I gave that kid paella and you would've thought it was his last meal. When he asked his mom for Spanish food, she called me exclaiming "how did you do that?!"

helenabear likes this.
  18. helenabear

Sometimes it's also just how kids are with parents vs others :D I'm sure you can find something good for him though!

19. Matt_Black

Matt_Black Well-Known Member

I agree with pretty much everything here, and throw in a vote for Sommerfest. Those paprika chips that came with my curry wurst were sublime!

20. Captain Barbossa

Captain Barbossa Well-Known Member

I love the baguette sandwiches from the bakery in France.

Minnie1986 and jaklgreen like this.