Epcot Money Grab

BigTxEars

But the majority of people on property on any given day aren't reading the Disney Parks Blog or Disney's FB page. Yes, it's being promoted. But most people won't know about it.

I think this is there to lure in people who don't know any better and the small fringe groups who can't wait to give money to Disney for any and everything.

I think it's for adults who choose how they want to spend their evening and their money. I will be there and "know better" and have no fetish about giving Disney money. :)

Can somebody tell me what the difference between this and a ADR for breakfast at WS is? I see none. You set up an ADR at breakfast, you "overpay" for food, you get in the park early. Minus the characters what's the difference? And with enough alcohol you get characters at this anyways :)

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I think it's for adults who choose how they want to spend their evening and their money. I will be there and "know better" and have no fetish about giving Disney money. :)

Can somebody tell me what the difference between this and a ADR for breakfast at WS is? I see none. You set up an ADR at breakfast, you "overpay" for food, you get in the park early. Minus the characters what's the difference? And with enough alcohol you get characters at this anyways :)
Oh that princess breakfast is a money grab too, its just that I take It cause my princess can be quite vocal!

WDW Monorail

Are they strip clubs? Just name one that is 50

I recall paying 45 for mur.mur and HQ in AC. The Harrahs Pool was 40. Pacha is always over 50. I think I've even paid 35 at D'Jais. These were all no non-special event or special performance nights. I've paid $130 one time at Pacha for a DJ performance.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I recall paying 45 for mur.mur and HQ in AC. The Harrahs Pool was 40. Pacha is always over 50. I think I've even paid 35 at D'Jais. These were all no non-special event or special performance nights. I've paid $130 one time at Pacha for a DJ performance.

You are already paying almost $100 to get into EPCOT. The $35 is an add on to that. Little different, don't you think?

acishere

$35 for cover at D'Jais?! Thanks for reminding me why I don't set foot in that place except for an occasional Locals Monday.

BuddyThomas

Agree and will raise you one, what in life outside of food, shelter and clothing is not a money grab? Heck the internet and computers are money grabs and we all seem to let those grab us :)
BigTxEars, this is exactly why I love this board. I can totally and completely disagree with you on another thread and love you on this one. And we don't hold past arguments against each other. At least I don't. This is a really great group of people on this forum and it's great yapping with all of you. Now let's have a drink.
;)

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
That better have been one hell of a dj! Look I dont begrudge a cover to a great party, but this is not gonna be a great party...I could be wrong but think about...kids are allowed in if mom and dad want sooo

BigTxEars

BigTxEars, this is exactly why I love this board. I can totally and completely disagree with you on another thread and love you on this one. And we don't hold past arguments against each other. At least I don't. This is a really great group of people on this forum and it's great yapping with all of you. Now let's have a drink.
;)

All hugs here :) I agree at the end of the day no matter what we disagree or disagree on in the details our affection of Disney is greater overall than the differences.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Why did they do that? Was it profitable?

Well... see if you can find a pattern...

You start off with a really stellar product
Then you don't update it
Then you start taking away the parts that made it awesome in the first place
Then people stop coming and spending like they did before...
Then you start cutting things like hours and entertainment ...
Then you pull the plug and put in more over priced retail or 3rd party restaurants

BigTxEars

Well... see if you can find a pattern...

You start off with a really stellar product
Then you don't update it
Then you start taking away the parts that made it awesome in the first place
Then people stop coming and spending like they did before...
Then you start cutting things like hours and entertainment ...
Then you pull the plug and put in more over priced retail or 3rd party restaurants

I guess that is a no. Or maybe a yes, Or a could have been....Or a "it was once"....

Who knows, I would imagine that if WDW saw a good ROI they would have kept it open. Or maybe they had better offers like you say. Either way maybe with the DTD work and events like the wind down they can bring some life back to the night :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I guess that is a no. Or maybe a yes, Or a could have been....Or a "it was once"....

Who knows, I would imagine that if WDW saw a good ROI they would have kept it open. Or maybe they had better offers like you say. Either way maybe with the DTD work and events like the wind down they can bring some life back to the night :)

Look up... that was the post going over your head.

stalkingmickey

Sorry. My mistake.

June 1990. No EMH. No E Ride Night.

Every guest could stay in Epcot until 11pm. Each night.

MGM and MK were open until Midnight. Every night. For everyone.

Even towards the end of August closings for all parks were 10-11pm. Every night. For all guests.

So no 'failure to remember' as you put it. Just the sorry facts.

I did say in my original post in the last decade...Last time I checked that is 10yrs so from 2004 til now WS was not open until 11pm unless it was an EMH

stalkingmickey

Maybe, but you would not need an empty park to get that. And better? Different, but you wont be able to see nearly as much.

I guess that is a matter of opinion and a personal preference on what I like for a photo. Sorry if it does not agree with your preference but that is whats great about being an American I can be different and have my own ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom