Epcot Mickey

Ellie Thompson

Original Poster
On the bus today to epcot the bus driver told us that there's a mickey on top of spaceship earth, but it's only visible outside of the park. you could see a black smudge outside of the park, but when i looked online i saw nothing about it. Is this true???

goofyyukyuk

Never trust bus drivers at Disney lol! The only time there was a Mickey on Spaceship Earth was when they shot a promo for WDW and had a high shot of Spaceship Earth. There's a platform where a person could stand on top, but it's only been used for that promo.

Ellie Thompson

Original Poster
Never trust bus drivers at Disney lol! The only time there was a Mickey on Spaceship Earth was when they shot a promo for WDW and had a high shot of Spaceship Earth. There's a platform where a person could stand on top, but it's only been used for that promo.
She also tried to tell me walking world showcase is over 3 miles when it's 1 and 1/2 ;) she claimed to be our tour guide; def an odd driver

barkerbird

A) watch at your own caution... its depressing some of the things that are gone
b) I don't want to stand on top of spaceship earth

Dang! I was gonna post this video, but you beat me to it. One of my favorite retro commercials! I wonder what Mickey was thinking, and how long he was up there? That would never happen today...

mergatroid

Dang! I was gonna post this video, but you beat me to it. One of my favorite retro commercials! I wonder what Mickey was thinking, and how long he was up there? That would never happen today...

I believe there's an opening up top, pretty sure they could easily do it.

raven

There's a platform where a person could stand on top, but it's only been used for that promo.
The access hatch is actually used at least twice every year on night shift when they pressure wash the outside of the structure. It takes about a week to complete. This is also when people start to claim to see "scorch marks" on SSE but it's just the dirt that they are slowly washing away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom