Epcot goblet's production year?

Ol' Br'er Fox

Original Poster
So yesterday I was at a thrift store and picked up this shiny silver and glass Epcot Center goblet for 95 cents. It's in good condition. However, I'm curious as to what year it could have been made. I looked all over and I found nothing. Do any of you guys have any ideas? There's a picture of it below.
qIng3Ei.jpg

Figments Friend

The style of this particular glass is often referred to as being 'footed'.
'Footed' glassware was popular and a common style in the early 1980s.

I have seen several examples through the years, almost all of them released in the early 1980s.
One of the most common EPCOT Center related ones being the 'footed' Figment mug from 1982.

I have a coffee mug done in this same exact black metallic finish visual style, but not footed. Just a typical basic round mug.
I always dated it to be late 1980s or more likely early 1990s as I have a collection of WDW merchandise catalogs from 85' through 89' and I don't recall seeing these listed.

The original Park logo was used up until the mid 1990s, so it's difficult to date items based solely on the logo.
Just looking at the fact that this is 'footed' glassware tells me it's probably from the early 80s if I were to guess.

-

Last edited:

Gelatoni

The style of this particular glass is often referred to as being 'footed'.
'Footed' glassware was popular and a common style in the early 1980s.

I have seen several examples through the years, almost all of them released in the early 1980s.
One of the most common EPCOT Center related ones being the 'footed' Figment mug from 1982.

I have a coffee mug done in this same exact black metallic finish visual style, but not footed. Just a typical basic round mug.
I always dated it to be late 1980s or more likely early 1990s as I have a collection of WDW merchandise catalogs from 85' through 89' and I don't recall seeing these listed.

The original Park logo was used up until the mid 1990s, so it's difficult to date items based solely on the logo.
Just looking at the fact that this is 'footed' glassware tells me it's probably from the early 80s if I were to guess.

-
I wish i had half the knowledge you have on this stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom