Epcot fountain

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
Does anyone know, or has heard anything about what's going on with the Epcot fountain behind Spaceship Earth? When I was there on the 11th of this month, all the water was drained out of it! :confused: My guess was they're either cleaning it (cuz the bottom of it didn't look too pretty!) *OR* they're synchronizing (excuse my spelling, please) the jets of water to new music. These are just my speculations, of course. I thought maybe one of you all had maybe heard something about this...I wish I had've gotten a picture of it, but I just didn't think about it!
Also, the little fountain in the middle of the store right beside Pirates was drained and had a sign in it that said "Due to the drought, we've turned off the spout" or something to that effect. So that could be a big possiblity for why the Epcot fountain was drained. (just thought of that one!!) ;)
Anyway, if you guys hear anything, please let me know! My curiousity is getting the better of me!!
~*Amy*~

JAY-ROD

well to make u feel better. Its because of the drought there turned off. I wonder how long they will be turn off. i HOPE WHEN iI GO NEXT MONTH IT WILL BE ON :)

NowInc

Here in florida we have been getting un-holy amounts of rain this week....which is good news (aside from the depressing atmosphere rain normally brings)...because we are REALLY suffering due to a very dry rainey season. Now that we are in Hurricane season...things should get better (wow....that sounds weird)..

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks you all for replying!! I kinda had a feeling the drought had something to do with it! One thing I don't understand though, is that my sister told me that the fountain in front of Spaceship Earth was going, and if I remember correctly, the 'backwards' fountain beside the Imagination Pavilion was still going. Maybe Disney picked the ones that used the least amount of water to stay running? I dunno! It really doesn't matter to me which ones are running...but these things just make me curious! ;)
(NowInc)- Glad to hear that Florida is getting some much needed rain!! It rained for a little while when I went to Epcot on the 11th, but for only about 5-15 min. Then afterwards made everything steamy!
Anyway, thanks again to everyone who replied!! :)
~*Amy*~

Well we have gotten plenty of rain up here in New England, so I'm trying to find a way to get some of our extra water down there! So far all of the dump truck companies have turned me down. I guess they'd rather work on the Big Dig then help us out. Oh well... :(

NowInc

The problem isnt really RAIN...we have gotten plenty.....the problem is that we havnt gotten the rain in the places we NEED it (The resevuars)...And no...the water supply is no where near disney...

The Mom

Premium Member
NowInc is right. The rain has to fall around the Keystone Heights area, where the water can perculate into the aquifer, and enter the underground reservoirs. Unfortunately, we still need hurricane type rains to do this.

MrPromey

Yes, the effects caused by months of dry weather cannot be reversed by only a few weeks of decent rain. The chances of forest fires is a lot less likely now but we still have a very short supply of usable water...

M

Mr Lightbeer

As this appears to have become a weather page, my friend is at WDW at the moment and when she phoned said there was hailstones on international drive is she having a laugh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom