EPCOT Food Question

JHASdiz

Original Poster
As F&W is starting it got me wondering about all the delicious food that's around EPCOT year round. I have my favorites (Egg rolls at China, Baklava at Morocco, etc... now I'm hungry:hungry:) but I'm ashamed to say I haven't tried something at every country and thought it would be fun to do that on my next vacation! So tell me, what is a can't miss food item at all the original countries around WS??

NiarrNDisney

Some of my favorites are:

American Adventure - Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel (Fife and Drum when its available)

Canada - Croissant Doughnuts (Refreshment Port)

China - Eggrolls

France - Napoleons (Les Halles)

Germany - Nudel Gratin (Sommerfest)

Italy - Seafood Salad and asparagus (Tutto Gusto)

Japan - Sushi

Mexico - Paletas Lime or Coconut (La Cantina)

Morocco - Bakalava

Norway - Cloud Berry Horn (Kringla Bakeri)

United Kingdom - Fish and Chips

goofy5380

is there an easy way to purchase food from the Food and Wine booths. Can you use a credit card...
any suggestions ?
thanks

Epcotfan21

is there an easy way to purchase food from the Food and Wine booths. Can you use a credit card...
any suggestions ?
thanks
Best thing to do is purchase a Disney or food and wine gift card (which can be used anywhere on Disney property, but it's just specially branded with a food and wine logo). You can use a credit or debit card, but keep in mind that most credit card companies will typically stop further transactions after 20-25 swipes per day because of the fear of fraud, so gift card is the way to go.

G8rchamps

Best thing to do is purchase a Disney or food and wine gift card (which can be used anywhere on Disney property, but it's just specially branded with a food and wine logo). You can use a credit or debit card, but keep in mind that most credit card companies will typically stop further transactions after 20-25 swipes per day because of the fear of fraud, so gift card is the way to go.
This!! If you go to the festival center the gift card is usually themed and you can see all the F&W merch in one spot. We get a $200 card and if we have any left we just use for other souveniers.

JHASdiz

Original Poster

American Adventure - Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel (Fife and Drum when its available)

China - Eggrolls

Japan - Sushi

Morocco - Bakalava

I had to look some of these items up... I can't believe I haven't tried some of these. Especially the Nudel Gratin!!
Thank you for your reply!!

Herdman

We will be going in May to the Flower and Garden festival for the first time. Would everyone recommend a gift card for the food carts at this festival also?

JusticeDisney

China - Eggrolls

Japan - Sushi

Morocco - Bakalava

I could eat about 700 of those croissant doughnuts!

NiarrNDisney

I had to look some of these items up... I can't believe I haven't tried some of these. Especially the Nudel Gratin!!
Thank you for your reply!!

You're welcome! I thought I would mention the real names of the dishes from Tutto Gusto Asparaghi Bianchi and Isalata di Mare. They are some of my absolute favorite things to eat in Epcot.

Oh just a couple more things all from Spice Road Table :hungry:

Brie "fondue"
Fresh Fish Croquettes
Spicy Garlic Shrimp

edit: Sorry your thread has veered off subject!

Last edited:

yedliW

Does the dining plan work for this?

We were able to use snack points at the kiosks when we were able to go to F&W a couple years ago.

Most (if not all) of the food items and non-adult beverages are snack credits. You can also use a QS meal credit for 3 snacks at a single transaction. Just keep in mind that they are often very small portions, and it might make for a small meal for the credit.. however when we were last there, the CM didn't know how to ring it up as a QS meal, so to keep the line moving, he didn't charge him, so he got his 3 'snack' meal fro free! :)

Disney Khi

The beef udon at Katsura Grill in Japan is really good. We tried it just last week. We tried the shrimp tempura udon, beef udon, and tonkotsu ramen. They were all good, but the beef udon was the best. The portions were large, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom