Epcot finish line on Google maps

Texas84

Original Poster
So I'm bored at work and I see this strange line in the Epcot southeast parking lot.
epcot1.png

Just thought this was cool. Yes, I'm easily amused. :)
epcot2.png

lukacseven

So I'm bored at work and I see this strange line in the Epcot southeast parking lot.
epcot1.png

Just thought this was cool. Yes, I'm easily amused. :)
epcot2.png
Cool. At one point, bing maps had an image where you could also see some of the setup of the finish line, but nothing as extensive as what you found.

lukacseven

Yes that was they year it snowed, but did anything stick? Take a look at this pic. The mat and the finish banner look like they match the Bing map.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...&ndsp=37&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0,i:105&tx=58&ty=62

A bit off topic, but....It snowed at the start of the half, then turned to sleet/freezing rain throughout. No precipitation for the marathon, but still cold. They announced at the start line it was 28 degrees - record low for the Orlando area. When I finished, the temp hadn't reached 40 degrees yet. I had ice formed on my visor and the road was icy at the water stops. The volunteers started pouring the powdered Poweraid on the roads to melt the ice.

Texas84

Original Poster
Yes that was the year it snowed, but did anything stick? Take a look at this pic. The mat and the finish banner look like they match the Bing map.

I didn't run that year but I was there that weekend. Nothing stuck but everything was dead. I figured if that was 2010 the plants would be more brownish. It was ugly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom