EPCOT Entertainment cuts

dreamfinder

It looks like one of those awful shows at the fair, that you stop at for 5 minutes while you eat your funnel cake. Not something I would ever want to see over and over again at Epcot.

Which is their goal exactly! Every minute you spend watching a show is another minute you aren't in line to buy something. Unless of course you happened to partake in an adult beverage or two while watching the band perform. But no one ever did that at Epcot while watching Off Kilter. And I'm sure that the responsible people the lawyers at WDW are, they will be sure to mention something about not partaking while operating chainsaws or axes.

Mike C

So reading between the lines and doing some research on the replacement troupe. It looks like cutting the four acts in Epcot was to get rid of Disney positions and hire external contractors for the entertainment, and probably with the goal of more of that happening. (And thus getting rid of equity actors by using external contracting companies) It certainly seems that way for the lumberjack show.

It's most assuredly cheaper for Disney (benefits and liability wise), but probably only in the short term. Long term it'll probably create more problems than it "solves".

Is this a correct assumption?

MouseRight

This may have been said already (I didn't search through the entire thread) but it is a shame that they couldn't have kept them through the end of the F&W Festival. One last chance for all of us F&W devotees to enjoy their shows while eating and drinking! I am not against change, and am hopeful to see some new shows, but that doesn't mean we won't miss the old ones.

CeciliaKy

most of the focus of this thread has been on Off Kilter ... but I had a chance to watch the last performance video of the Fife & Drum Corps. :( wow. that one made me so sad, as well. I can remember my boys standing in front of the crowd, reciting the pledge, when they were little (and we still have the Declaration of Independence they got for doing that) ... like Off Kilter, we never never missed the chance to stop and see them & the Voices of Liberty.

Our World Showcase experience will be very different next trip.

Jake Wilson

I have just heard from several very reliable sources that Off Kilter, The Fife & Drum Corp and Mo' Rockin' are all being terminated as of September 27th. That is the date of the final performances for all three acts. I personally am sad beyond words. Off Kilter has been a staple for me for many years. I have heard that they are looking to replace them with more "traditional" entertainment for the future. Thoughts, opinions?? Marie

After seeing the chainsaw video I cant help but laugh at this statement underlined.... Heres to hoping the other replacements are a little bit better and more traditional...;)

Clamman73

Off Hanson
image.jpg

note2001

For myself and daughter, the World Showcase players will be the most missed. I didn't realize they did a variety of shows. Worth mentioning is the Christmas Carol. I found myself in tears laughing at this. Enjoy (Please follow over to youtube to watch there and give camera man Gary a thumbs up for great camera work and for sharing!)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom