Epcot dinner

kennedy

If you had to choose one dinner out of the following, which would you choose, and why? (2 adults, no children):

Teppanaki Dining (Japan)
Alfredo's (Italy)
Mexico (the indoor restaurant, I forgot the name)

bracho

I agree with disneydawg, all 3 are good but out of the 3, I like San Angel Inn the best too... not sure why..LOL we just like it the most

Upvote 0

Disnycrazy

I will also have to agree the San Angel Inn is by far the best. They are a little pricey but the food and the atmosphere are wonderful. Alfredo's I don't like the food their is way to pricey for what they offer you could go to an Italian Restaraunt in your town and get the same things for 1/2 the cost. I couldn't give you and opinion on Teppanaki Dining because I have never ate there. But I definetly love San Angel Inn.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Originally posted by kennedy
If you had to choose one dinner out of the following, which would you choose, and why? (2 adults, no children):

Teppanaki Dining (Japan)
Alfredo's (Italy)
Mexico (the indoor restaurant, I forgot the name)

What do you live near? If you live in a town with a lot of a certain kinda of food, might want to try something you're not used to eating.

Atlanta, where we live, has got more mexican and japanese places than you can shake a stick at so my wife and I aren't all that excited by the Teppanyaki or San Angel, even though the view at San Angel is just amazing.

If you don't get to try a certain type all that often, head for that to make it a more special experience.

However, if you are looking for a really special nice dinner, I'd avoid the Epcot restaurants all together and explore some of the resort restaurants, especially at the deluxe resorts. It's been our experience they are better quality of food and service with a less noisey atmoshpere... and usually higher prices. The deluxe resorts have some truely amazing places to eat.

If you need help deciding, check out http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm
for recent menus from all the World's restaurants.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

restaurants

I definitely agree with San Angel. Great food and you can't beat the atmosphere since I feel it is the most authentic of all the cpuntries at Epcot to the real thing. And if romance is involved, perfect place for that as well. Plus since there is a ride and the restaurant is busy, if you have to wait to be seated you can enjoy the ride instead of just sitting around.

Upvote 0

Brandon

Try GERMANY

In my opinion the German Restaurant is the best, coming in second - MEXICO. They are both really fun places to eat and they are both great places to walk around near the gift shop(s). I like to goto MEXICO for lunch and GERMANY for dinner.
:)

Upvote 0

MartyMouse

Mexico for the atmosphere, hands down -
however I like the Coral Reef at the Living Seas and I find most people don't -
so what does that say about me?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I didnt care for Alfredo's and coming from NYC I know from good Italian food.
I havent eaten at the San Angel Inn so I can comment there although it looks like GREAT atmosphere.
I LOVE Teppanyaki Grill and eat there every chance I get. This isnt a cheap meal by any stretch of the imagination but especially if you have never been to a Benihana style restaurant it is so neat to do!!! I think the food is among the best in World Showcase although I also love Le Cellier.
Good luck and enjoy!! Belle

Upvote 0

swimmom

Re: Re: Epcot dinner

Originally posted by Moustronaut
What do you live near? If you live in a town with a lot of a certain kinda of food, might want to try something you're not used to eating.

Atlanta, where we live, has got more mexican and japanese places than you can shake a stick at so my wife and I aren't all that excited by the Teppanyaki or San Angel, even though the view at San Angel is just amazing.

If you don't get to try a certain type all that often, head for that to make it a more special experience.

However, if you are looking for a really special nice dinner, I'd avoid the Epcot restaurants all together and explore some of the resort restaurants, especially at the deluxe resorts. It's been our experience they are better quality of food and service with a less noisey atmoshpere... and usually higher prices. The deluxe resorts have some truely amazing places to eat.

If you need help deciding, check out http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm
for recent menus from all the World's restaurants.

Enjoy!

If you should decide to go to a resort and you are looking for a quite dinner, Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge and 'Ohana at Poly are out.

We have had dinner at both and love them, but they are far from a quite dinner. :slurp:

Upvote 0

bhg469

Choose one???!?!?! my freakin head would explode i guess it would be 9 dragons or coral reef or mexico or tepenyaki or....... see i cant choose

Upvote 0

shari71

San Angel - love the atmosphere and the smell. My husband always makes us start with Mexico in the countries just so he can smell the scents.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

As odd as it may sound, we prefer fast food in Epcot. We have been to a couple of the World Showcase restaurants (Mexico and China) and we weren't really impressed with what we got there. It was no different than what you would get at any other mexican or chinese place at home (and it cost 5 times the price). We prefer the other Disney restaurants that give you a unique experience and interesting food.

Of what you mentioned I guess mexico is the nices place to eat, but don't expect anything special food wise. For overall experience I would probably say to try Japan. Hibachi places are always fun, and you know the food will be good.

Upvote 0

Coree

I've been to all three and Teppanyaki is definitely my favorite in terms of the food. I really like Mexican food, but the food at San Angel Inn has never impressed me too much. It's good, but not great. Everyone is correct that the atmosphere in there is outstanding though. Alfredo's has not impressed me at all, but I don't think you'll go wrong with either of the other two choices you mention.

Upvote 0

bhg469

Originally posted by Coree
I've been to all three and Teppanyaki is definitely my favorite in terms of the food. I really like Mexican food, but the food at San Angel Inn has never impressed me too much. It's good, but not great. Everyone is correct that the atmosphere in there is outstanding though. Alfredo's has not impressed me at all, but I don't think you'll go wrong with either of the other two choices you mention.

I totally agree with you i have been to the san angel inn a few times and the food would be compared to don pablos nothing spectacular just a very very well themed resteraunt. Alfredos is the same thing not much better than olive garden sorry to say. But there is still tons of great food at epcot.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom