Epcot & DHS rumors from Screamscape

DisneyDebRob

Just keep changing the date of the Soarin rumor every 6 months and post it again. Been reading that in some form for 5 years now. As for carsland, that will be floating around for the next 5 years. Please Disney, bring something original and not a clone to a park in desperate need of new attractions.

Tim_4

I kind of like the idea of the parks having diffrent things, is seperates the guests when making their vacations. I mean DL has Matterhorn, WDW does not. and that never stopped tourists from going to one and not the other

DL has Matterhorn, Indiana Jones. WDW does not
Most guests are either WDW guests or Disneyland guests. There are very few who ever visit both, so overlap isn't much of a concern to anyone besides Disneyphiles (us).

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
Most guests are either WDW guests or Disneyland guests. There are very few who ever visit both, so overlap isn't much of a concern to anyone besides Disneyphiles (us).

I believe you're right on this, but that's not to say that Disney couldn't tip the scale to try and convince people that they are two different offerings, each with their own unique experiences. And, I say, why not? Personally, I would prefer to see them each have their own attractions or at least vary enough to make me want to visit them both. And, don't give me the argument that people can't afford it either, because, if they want to bad enough, they can save their money and make the trip.

phi2134

If DHS gets Carsland and If they don't have RSR and replace it with an equally amazing experience, I think this will be a FE 2.0. Lots of money, lots of hype and little to care about. Plus who really cared about Cars 2? I am not up to date on the Disney movies and with who sees them, but I knew when Cars was huge, when Up was amazing and when Finding Nemo was sensational. I never heard a peep about Cars 2.

tissandtully

If DHS gets Carsland and If they don't have RSR and replace it with an equally amazing experience, I think this will be a FE 2.0. Lots of money, lots of hype and little to care about. Plus who really cared about Cars 2? I am not up to date on the Disney movies and with who sees them, but I knew when Cars was huge, when Up was amazing and when Finding Nemo was sensational. I never heard a peep about Cars 2.

Because Cars 2 suuuuuuuucked.

rct247

As much as I think that Carsland is incomplete without Radiator Springs Racers, I think not bringing it to Hollywood Studios is for the best. As mentioned, weather would be a major concern. Another that I thought of was a height requirement. Of all the rides at DHS (5...6 if you count the Backlot Tour), 3 already have height requirements. Toy Story and Great Movie Ride are really the only family friendly rides that everyone can go on. The park needs more rides and they should be family friendly, especially if they are themed to Cars.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just keep changing the date of the Soarin rumor every 6 months and post it again. Been reading that in some form for 5 years now. As for carsland, that will be floating around for the next 5 years. Please Disney, bring something original and not a clone to a park in desperate need of new attractions.

I have to agree with the Soarin' rumor, here it is in 2005:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/1261-soarin-over-world.html

and in 2010:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/soarin-over-the-world-info-update.647018/

Just like the Carousel of Progress closing and BaTB show being replaced rumors this is one that seems to surface on a regular basis.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yup. Saying you aren't doing Radiator Springs Racers in the DHS Cars Land because Test Track uses the same ride system in Epcot is like saying...

Astro Orbiter, Aladdin's Magic Carpets and TriceraTop Spin should never have been built, much less be successful, since Dumbo was already there.

Okay, maybe that last one has some actual merit.
Astro Orbitor is an infinitely better ride than the others - including Dumbo.

TP2000

I guess TDS shuts down JttCoTE when it rains?

No, they don't. I've seen JttCoTE operate in Tokyo rain. And when it rains in Tokyo, you know it's raining. All day.

I've also watched Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land operate in the rain. The cars make a fabulous whooshing sound on the wet track!

Even Luigi's Flying Tires works in the rain. This video made me smile cause everyone looks so miserable, but the photographer just kept laughing.

The ride systems developed for Cars Land can work in the rain. I think why so many WDW rides shut down in "the rain" is because when it rains in Orlando that is often joined by lightning strikes, and those are something different you need to react to. There is very rarely ever lightning in Southern California, and when it does it's nothing like the average afternoon thunder storm in Orlando.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
I have to agree with the Soarin' rumor, here it is in 2005:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/1261-soarin-over-world.html

and in 2010:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/soarin-over-the-world-info-update.647018/

Just like the Carousel of Progress closing and BaTB show being replaced rumors this is one that seems to surface on a regular basis.

The same thing happened with the Star Tours refurb/upgrade. Rumors circulated off and on for at least 10 years before we actually saw something happen. But, from what I understand, they were somewhat legitimate in that Disney took a look at it then backed off. It just goes to show that sometimes these things have to go thru a maturing process before they see the light of day.

luv

The biggest issue with Racers is that it rains in Florida and that ride system does not work in the rain
This immediately made me think, "What? It doesn't rain in California?" Now, thanks to your post and my smart-aleck brain, I cannot get the song out my head. "It never rains in California..." My brain deserves the punishment, though, for having such a sarcastic thought!

I know what you meant, though! It would be shut down for hours at a time on many days. :)

PeterAlt

Any makeover of DHS must include something physical link to EC so that each park could generate momentum for the other. Uni has the right idea with Hogswarts Express. The project should attempt to blur the physical boundaries of the two parks in order to create super park of sorts. The land in between both parks could be room for DHS to expand with a themed transition to World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom