Epcot Center Drive Widening

RAXIP

Ah, I see it now. Is that route marked on site?

Yes...kind of. I forget exactly how the signage is, but it's there, if a little unclear until you actually turn onto Backstage Ln.
Signage on BVD WB.
BVD to ECD 1.jpg

BVD to ECD.jpg

Last edited:

mm121

I get the impression that Disney is planning to funnel as much of the Disney Springs exit traffic as possible to Epcot Center Dr.

if you look at the way the exits of the parking garages are being designed, this is totally the case.

as they are trying to eliminate left turns by disney springs as much as possible.

Slowjack

Ah, so that's it. It's labelled as state 536, and not Epcot Center Drive or World Center Parkway. I was wondering how I'd missed it on my last trip (which was my first trip in some time when I had a rental car). I guess that route eliminates the need for anything better, but it's still looks like Disney Springs will be a bit easier to get into than out of.

Progress.City

A permit was filed with the South Florida Water Management District today for the widening of Epcot Center Drive Eastbound from Buena Vista Dr to I-4.

View attachment 85619
So, between this permit and the other road project one from yesterday, what does it all mean? Could these projects be related to DHS expansion some how? Are these elements of a bigger picture? If so, what?

Unplugged

So, between this permit and the other road project one from yesterday, what does it all mean? Could these projects be related to DHS expansion some how? Are these elements of a bigger picture? If so, what?

This should all be related to only Disney Springs as DHS is a fair bit further West on BVD. I thought the original plans someone posted had the center most lane as bus only, and the lane furthest to the right for Typhoon Lagoon. Once the new I-4 exit goes in with the new overpass into the garage, multiple lanes on the right were to go up the new overpass ramp for garage entry.

The road expansions over by DHS were originally for the Animation Suites, but could certainly be leveraged for DHS expansion.

Progress.City

This should all be related to only Disney Springs as DHS is a fair bit further West on BVD. I thought the original plans someone posted had the center most lane as bus only, and the lane furthest to the right for Typhoon Lagoon. Once the new I-4 exit goes in with the new overpass into the garage, multiple lanes on the right were to go up the new overpass ramp for garage entry.

The road expansions over by DHS were originally for the Animation Suites, but could certainly be leveraged for DHS expansion.
They should be getting permits related to the rumored new DHS entrance and all the road work related to it by now, if DHS expansion is about to start.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I would agree that this is probably more related to Disney Springs and I-4 access then to anything planned for DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom