Entertainment Stage Technician

SGTStoney

Original Poster
I just had an phone interview about a month and half ago for a full time entertainment stage technician. Unfortunately a day later I was confirmed to be out of consideration. The interviewer told me that the different areas look for certain skills. I have a lot of live experience, but mostly video based. So my question is that they must be looking most of the time for the different skills for different venues. I assume, because of the size of the company, that they don't keep resumes on file and go back when a skill fits a need. If that is the case, and they still have the posting on the web site, how long should I wait to apply again? I recently met a person that used to be on an entertainment tech crew, and she said that my experience and qualifications would be something that they would be interested in. Thanks in advance for any information.

berlioz70

I just had an phone interview about a month and half ago for a full time entertainment stage technician. Unfortunately a day later I was confirmed to be out of consideration. The interviewer told me that the different areas look for certain skills. I have a lot of live experience, but mostly video based. So my question is that they must be looking most of the time for the different skills for different venues. I assume, because of the size of the company, that they don't keep resumes on file and go back when a skill fits a need. If that is the case, and they still have the posting on the web site, how long should I wait to apply again? I recently met a person that used to be on an entertainment tech crew, and she said that my experience and qualifications would be something that they would be interested in. Thanks in advance for any information.

I believe you have to wait 6 months before applying again. Do you have a college degree? Most techs I know come in with degrees, and have experience working concerts, events and live theater. My understanding is they are pretty focused on getting top/experienced talent. I have some friends that have experience, but no degree, so they haven't made it past the interview.

SGTStoney66

I believe you have to wait 6 months before applying again. Do you have a college degree? Most techs I know come in with degrees, and have experience working concerts, events and live theater. My understanding is they are pretty focused on getting top/experienced talent. I have some friends that have experience, but no degree, so they haven't made it past the interview.
Thanks. I have a graduate, undergraduate and over 25 years experience in video, studio lighting, live event production as well as post production. I guess I'll keep looking.

katiekinzakat

FWIW, I went to a "Spotlight on Entertainment Tech" session when they were desperate for people for ROL among other things. They made it seem that they wanted techs who had experience in pretty much every area, with concentrations in both lighting and audio, and if you did not have experience in both since techs are kind of general and can be pulled from a lighting assignment to an audio assignment the same day. They liked you to have experience in other areas such as staging and A/V but they reallllllllly emphasized audio and lighting. At least that's what it seemed like to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom