Entering the utilidors

Tom Morrow

Interesting. I worked at Epcot and had to go to costuming behind Mexico. What a time that was, elbowing your way up to the counter to get a costume - trying to check it for stains, holes, really bad smells - getting my workboots (Canada costume) and trying to get the steel toed ones which were WAYYYYYY more comfortable than without the steel toes.

When you have a 10 foot counter and 75-100 international CM's screaming out "ITALY FOOD SIZE 10!!! GATEWAY SIZE 4 WITH SHORTS!!! CANADA MERCH SIZE 8 WITH SHORTS NEW BOOTS SIZE 8!!!!" It's quite a way to start the day. :lol:

I would have loved to had the opportunity to take out more than one costume especially since some of them were not in the best shape.
Wow, sounds like things have changed, and for the better. You can browse and pick your costumes at your own leisure and take up to five of them home with you. I believe CPs are restricted to 3.

bubbles1812

Interesting info! I've never been down in the utilidors and even though I know they are boring as heck, I've always wanted to go down them just to say I've done it once. Alas, I've been too chicken thus far ;) I know there is an entrance on the side of the castle as well as in Tomorrowland. Unless they've completely changed it since I was there last. Those are the only two the actual locations off. I will say Disney does know how to make them really inconspicuous. The entrances are so nondescript most peoples' eyes are drawn right to the next thing on. But I suppose that is the way Disney wants it ;)

rufio

Not that I know for sure, but there shouldn't really be any need for additional utilidoors under the expansion part. The existing part of fantasyland already has them going there, so people can get to the main part without having to walk down main street or through tomorrowland. The backs of the new main buildings are also "outside" of the park so things or people could go in and out that way too.

Ahh, that makes sense.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Interesting info! I've never been down in the utilidors and even though I know they are boring as heck, I've always wanted to go down them just to say I've done it once. Alas, I've been too chicken thus far ;) I know there is an entrance on the side of the castle as well as in Tomorrowland. Unless they've completely changed it since I was there last. Those are the only two the actual locations off. I will say Disney does know how to make them really inconspicuous. The entrances are so nondescript most peoples' eyes are drawn right to the next thing on. But I suppose that is the way Disney wants it ;)

Just take one of the tours offered at WDW. Several include going into the utilidors

bubbles1812

Just take one of the tours offered at WDW. Several include going into the utilidors
Haha, I could do that...but I'm really not into watching a little film. The utilidors part of the tours never sounded that good to me. Not sure I want to spend the money. There are other things I'd rather spend it on. But you do have a point flynn and and I have considered trying Keys to the Kingdom. :)

mergatroid

Original Poster
Was checking through my watched threads to do a bit of housekeeping and found this one. After watching the original video I discovered a guy calling himself Adam the Woo who seemed to enjoy going backstage at Disney, Universal and abandoned places and filming it.

He seemed to get access to backstage at Epcot which was a bit worrying

and also the old Wonders of Life Pavillion

Seems he's now been banned from Disney World judging by another of his videos where he describes being 'arrested' in Disney Studios and served with some sort of 'trespass order' so we'll probably not be seeing many more of his Disney exploration videos from now on.

WDW 3

We've gone on a couple tours with access to the utilidoors and the doors have never been locked. Keys tour last fall.

EOD K9

In reference to the second video, does anyone else enjoy fairly close shot for shot recreation vids? Also, obviously here the signs say festival center, however, if I told anyone on this board to meet me at WoL, would people look at me funny?

luv

Why is it no longer a necessity?
The employees finally wised up and said, "If you are requiring us to change clothes at work, you need to pay us for our time." They were right. Disney does need to pay people for things they require those people to do at work. :)

That's when Disney said, "OK, fine, you don't have to change your clothes at work."

:)

Communicore

Wow the good old days when I used to check out my costume for next day after I have changed, then leaving it overnight in my locker where it's meant to be! It sickens me seeing CM's wearing their costume outside the park, like at Zaxby's one time! That was appalling! Anyway my first intro to the utilidors was the entrance across the castle by that one gift shop near the Cinderella fountain.

EDIT: That was the entrance in the YouTube video!!

Mickey1984

This has to be a fake video for sure?
Surely they did not pass all of those cast members and not one of them stopped them? Not to suggest I am sure there are loads of plain clothed people down there, but wasn't one of the lads wearing some sort of park t-shirt, or something similar, surely this will have raised suspicion with the amount of people they passed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom