Entered ticket info. Said 30 days for FP+ but should be 60?

CStyles45

Original Poster
Hello everyone. I recently added my tickets to MDE for our upcoming trip in August. When it did it said I was eligible for only a 30 day window on FP+. We are staying at Boardwalk Villas and I know it should be 60 days out. If I go into MDE and select the FP it only shows calendar options for the next 30 days and the days past are grayed out. Should I call Disney about this or will it update next week when I reach my 60 day window? Thanks in advance!

cw1982

Silly question: is your resort stay linked in MDE? If not, linking it should fix the issue. If yes, sounds like a good time to call just to be safe.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It shows the next 30 days because you have tickets and can technically book FP+ now for any time in that period. When you reach 60 days it will show 60 days out because you have a resort reservation.

CStyles45

Original Poster
Silly question: is your resort stay linked in MDE? If not, linking it should fix the issue. If yes, sounds like a good time to call just to be safe.

Yes. The resort is linked with my days and check in info.

Isn't it like ADR - you can begin booking when 60 days out. If you just had tickets you can book the next 30 days.

Sounds like it is FAD (functioning as designed)

Yea like right now I can book FP+ for any of the next 30 days even though I won't be there.

It will update when you enter the 60-day window.

Good to know. TY!

Rob562

It shows the next 30 days because you have tickets and can technically book FP+ now for any time in that period. When you reach 60 days it will show 60 days out because you have a resort reservation.

Exactly. For all the system knows, you plan on staying with Aunt Gertrude in Kissimmee next week and want to use the ticket you just linked to visit the parks with her. MDE makes linked tickets available to use and reserve FP+ for immediately.

The only time the system doesn't show any availability until 60 days out is if you buy the tickets as part of a package. Since those tickets don't become available for you to use until you actually check into your hotel, the FP+ system won't show any available dates until 60 days before your checkin day.

-Rob

CheshireCat12

But I thought in the original FAQ thread on this forum (from 2013) it said that you could book 60 days plus 10 as a resort guest. Anyone know if that was ever the case, because I didn't think that was an option.

Rob562

But I thought in the original FAQ thread on this forum (from 2013) it said that you could book 60 days plus 10 as a resort guest. Anyone know if that was ever the case, because I didn't think that was an option.

Yes, the 60+10 applies if you're a resort guest.

But that doesn't mean "70 days". It means that 60 days from your check-in date you can book FP+ for your checkin date and up to 10 days after it (assuming you have valid park admission for those days).

-Rob

CheshireCat12

Yes, the 60+10 applies if you're a resort guest.

But that doesn't mean "70 days". It means that 60 days from your check-in date you can book FP+ for your checkin date and up to 10 days after it (assuming you have valid park admission for those days).

-Rob
OK, the way they write it is very misleading. They should say "60 days before you arrive you can select FP+ for your entire stay, up to 10 days" . My elementary school math class taught me 60 +10 actually IS 70. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom