Enlightenment Please: What is a Lifestyler?

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
I wish I could get excited for new WDW merchandise - but I can't.

These people seem very nice and it makes them happy. They are providing a service of sorts for people that get into collecting park merchandise. They do seem extra excited (in a creepy way), about new mouse ears but, hey, for people that collect ears or are into Frozen, I get it... whatever tickles your pickle. :)

Last edited:

Daniel Johnson

These people seem very nice and it makes them happy. They are providing a service of sorts for people that get into collecting park merchandise. They do seem extra excited (in a creepy way), about new mouse ears but, hey, for people that collect ears or into Frozen, I get it... whatever tickles your pickle! :)
Yea, it's a little much.

PhotoDave219

These people seem very nice and it makes them happy. They are providing a service of sorts for people that get into collecting park merchandise. They do seem extra excited (in a creepy way), about new mouse ears but, hey, for people that collect ears or are into Frozen, I get it... whatever tickles your pickle! :)

Well a true lifestyler would horde & buy up all the Orange Bird ears. And then get mad & indignant when someone calls them out on it, saying thats why vacationing guests hate the passholders/locals. Not that it happened.... oh wait. It did.

The_CEO

Exactly, seeing a few glimpses with people mingling, it was a "lifestyler" convention. I mean most had pictures of each drink and food offered.. $$$$ :D

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
I'm a tiki-bar connoisseur - really! I seek them out. Halakahiki in River Grove, IL, Foundation Bar & Lucky Joe's Tiki Room in Milwaukee, Tiki Terrance in DesPlanes, IL. I'm lucky to live between Milwaukee and Chicago - a hotbed of tiki bars.

50's retro tiki vibe + fruity drinks = happy girl!

...but even I don't think I'd get in line early in the morning and wait hours to get in. Disney or not.

Well, except this place that was just announced yesterday and due to open in June near Milwaukee.

...Like anything we most likely we'll wait a few weeks and hit it early at opening/happy hour.

I'm not sure how you can really enjoy a place when it's crazy packed and the new staff is working out kinks. I guess you must be a lifestyler so you can say "I was the first."

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
This...is a lifestyler.

She's the WORST. I've had several obnoxious run-ins with her at various events. She is rude and thinks she runs the park. She has a very high opinion of herself, too- she "interviews" guests at these events for ITM and approaches them stating she's a member of "the press." She has a gang of minions that follow her around, hoping she'll feature them on her website or instagram page.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
She's the WORST. I've had several obnoxious run-ins with her at various events. She is rude and thinks she runs the park. She has a very high opinion of herself, too- she "interviews" guests at these events for ITM and approaches them stating she's a member of "the press." She has a gang of minions that follow her around, hoping she'll feature them on her website or instagram page.
She was more what I was referring to by posting, not Fat Panda (whom I actually like a lot)...

seahawk7

These people seem very nice and it makes them happy. They are providing a service of sorts for people that get into collecting park merchandise. They do seem extra excited (in a creepy way), about new mouse ears but, hey, for people that collect ears or are into Frozen, I get it... whatever tickles your pickle. :)
Yea I collect Disney mugs but even then I don't crack a smile.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
She is rude and thinks she runs the park. She has a very high opinion of herself, too- she "interviews" guests at these events for ITM and approaches them stating she's a member of "the press." She has a gang of minions that follow her around, hoping she'll feature them on her website or instagram page.

@Nick_A:

THE PRESS?!? o_O:facepalm: :hilarious:

Any joe-schmo who vlogs about Disney could say that and expect special treatment and access. Smh - that's a problem.

If I ever ran into someone rude like that I'd have to say, "Press isn't rude - they act like professionals, which you are not doing right now. Honey, show me your Press Pass and then I'll take you seriously."

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

@Nick_A:

THE PRESS?!? o_O:facepalm: :hilarious:

Any joe-schmo who vlogs about Disney could say that and expect special treatment and access. Smh - that's a problem.

If I ever ran into someone rude like that I'd have to say, "Press isn't rude - they act like professionals, which you are not doing right now. Honey, show me your Press Pass and then I'll take you seriously."

At a lot of events, Disney does in fact give them media credentials. That's a big part of the problem- Disney treats them like real journalists.

Zummi Gummi

Can anyone just become a lifestyler? Is there a "how to" to becoming one? I review everything, never thought it would make me money.
94.gif
49.gif

Sure anyone can. But you need to build up a massive social media presence before Disney will start taking notice of you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom