"Enhanced" Wishes Dessert Party

HouCuseChickie

It's the same price as the Illuminations party. For that price it should offer wine, cocktails, champagne just like the Illuminations party then the increased $49 price would be more justifiable. Otherwise, it's just a money grab.

Oh come on...they're giving you sparkling cider instead. :p

While I didn't mind the price of the original party and was kind of shocked it wasn't a bit more, this now feels like too much for too little. Still, someone will pay it and as long as enough people pay it...there's no reason for them to sell it for less.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
For those who are crying rip off, I'd counter that the desert party has been undervalued for years and represented a superlative value for your money if you could score a seat.

Its limited capacity is one of its attractions as you're not jockeying for curb space, have seating, and not having to deal with people in front of you suddenly deciding to hoist children on their shoulders obscuring your view.

The two new Fastpass viewing areas are a new free alternative, you can avail yourself of those instead.

Ariel1986

If they added sparkling wine like Epcot's sparkling dessert party this would be a win for me! I know MK is a dry park apart from BOG though...

TXDisney

We did the illuminations dessert party and we're quite disappointed with it. They moved it inside bc of a chance of rain (never actually rained) it was too crowded when they out is in the America adventure area and you don't get your money's worth with drinks or food.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

We did the illuminations dessert party and we're quite disappointed with it. They moved it inside bc of a chance of rain (never actually rained) it was too crowded when they out is in the America adventure area and you don't get your money's worth with drinks or food.

Oh, man. We did a dessert party in the area next to the UK pavilion for our wedding and we were so close to getting rained out. They were going to move us to The Living Seas, which would have been fine, but it's nowhere near as nice. Our wedding planner even called us and left a message that it was moved, but when we got to the park, they took us to the location outside.

coachwnh

It's the same price as the Illuminations party. For that price it should offer wine, cocktails, champagne just like the Illuminations party then the increased $49 price would be more justifiable. Otherwise, it's just a money grab.
Agree. We have done this several times, but not again. How they justify this without alcohol included in the pricing compared to Illuminations is beyond me. I enjoyed what we were offered last summer with the frozen package in HS more than this. Puzzling to say the least.

coachwnh

Sorry you had a bad experience with this. we have done it three times (once inside - actually we enjoyed it) and had no problem having plenty to eat and drink (including alcohol). I do have to say, I enjoyed the alcohol more when it was just my wife and I than when we had the kids with us. Actually followed it up that day with the tequila tasting after hours in La Cava. What a night!!!

I hope you give it a chance again. Hope it works out.

BrianV

We love the dessert party. The fact that it is covered and calm and quiet and has yummy desserts makes it a hit. And I'm happy we get to go at the end of march one last time.

But the old dessert Patty cost us ~ $100 for a family of four. This one will be close to $200. Not worth this xtra expense.

But I agree with others that the addition of the fast pass viewing garden makes up for it a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom