Trip Report englanddg's Spook-a-dee-doo-dah

Well, I haven't finished the previous trip report, but another trip is coming...

Not much to this pre-trip.

We are booked at the Nick hotel.

We plan to go to Sea World on our second day (Sat)...

And we'll have fun on Sunday at the Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party...

All is done and booked aside from the flights...

StageFrenzy

Decided she is a bit too young for that. Maybe in the future. We have no set plans on Saturday, so I will offer it to her as an option, but I think right now her eyes are set on Sea World.
When was the last time you were at SW? Are you going to ride Manta? HHN can get a bit sloppy with some of the guests, combo food & wine and a party district clientele.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
When was the last time you were at SW? Are you going to ride Manta? HHN can get a bit sloppy with some of the guests, combo food & wine and a party district clientele.
She's never been. I haven't been there since the early 90s. We may ride the Manta, may not. She wasn't interested at coasters at Universal last trip, but she rode RnR and loved it (rode it over and over again, I think we went on it 4 times in a row, iirc), so maybe she'll be up for it?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
This will also be her first time flying alone. I will arrive at MCO an hour before her and will be waiting at the gate, but it will be quite an adventure for her at 11...flying all by herself...

StageFrenzy

This will also be her first time flying alone. I will arrive at MCO an hour before her and will be waiting at the gate, but it will be quite an adventure for her at 11...flying all by herself...
It's a lot of fun for a kid to do it. I flew Delta a lot as a kid and had to transfer to a puddle jumper in ATL. Once without any supervision. Now they are extra cautious and would never let that happen.

Nubs70

In regards to meeting at the gate, I don't recall but can you get from concourse A to concourse B without re entering through security?

If you come in on the opposite concourse of DD and have to go outside the sanitized area, you may have trouble re entering through security without a valid boarding pass.

Just a thought

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
In regards to meeting at the gate, I don't recall but can you get from concourse A to concourse B without re entering through security?

If you come in on the opposite concourse of DD and have to go outside the sanitized area, you may have trouble re entering through security without a valid boarding pass.

Just a thought
Great point!

If that is the case, the Jetblue check in desk will issue me a temporary pass to get back through TSA. Though, iirc, Jetblue and Delta both fly into the same concourse.

Already asked then how that works!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Time has gone by quickly! This trip report will not be the normal format...for a variety of reasons. If you are curious who I am (or who the kiddo is), I'd suggest you look at my previous trip reports (links in my signature).

Otherwise, here we go!

This report I will do live, but I will take a format that others have done and actually post throughout the day with pictures and updates as they happen, rather than a daily summary.

The Itinerary is as follows:

Friday (tomorrow) - I fly from ATL to MCO and land around 5p. Kiddo flies from DCA to MCO and lands around 9p. This will be the first time she has flown by herself (she's 11). Nothing planned for that evening aside from take a taxi to our hotel, the NICK hotel! We have a family "suite" there, with a separate bedroom and two TVs. I'm a tad nervous about it because I've heard...well, pretty much nothing good...about the hotel. But, the kid wanted to stay there, so why not? I will say this, it is quite affordable...but...sometimes you get what you pay for...so...yeah...we'll see. After that we may hang out around the hotel, or (more likely) head over for a late night at Disney Springs. Maybe go bowling? Or have dinner? Some shopping (her birthday was recently, so I may charge up her gift card and let her go crazy with it?). Also, oddly, I need to stop by the T-Shirt shop because we made her a custom T-Shirt last trip and never got to pick it up...I hope they still have it! It was a $40 shirt after tax!

Saturday - No plans. At all. The kiddo has indicated that she is interested in Sea World, but I have no plans and no tickets. She gets to "drive" that day...and we'll just buy tickets at the gate if she wants to go somewhere.

Sunday - Horseback Riding at Ft. Wilderness. We did this last trip, and to hear her tell it, it was the highlight of the trip. So, I booked it again. After that, we'll grab something to eat at Wilderness Lodge or one of the Monorail Resorts, and this is where we will change into our halloween costumes (in a restroom). After that it's off to the Magic Kingdom at 4p for early entry for the Halloween Party!

Monday - She flies out mid morning back to DC, I fly back to ATL early afternoon.

A quick and dirty trip, for a quick and dirty trip report!

Updates start tomorrow.

CHEERS!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
20120406070829-45b1512f.gif

Untitled.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Well, I was going to go as Waldo for the party. But, my costume didn't come in (long story). I have the shirt, but no hat or glasses.

I suppose I could go uber Disnerd and be Kirk Douglas from 20k Leagues under the Seas?

tumblr_n24eku4WaE1t1g01wo7_1280.jpg

Though, I suppose I'd need to add this to the costume...

hello_my_name_is_kirk_boxer_shorts.jpg

Or, I'll stop by Target in the morning on the way into work and see what I can find there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom