England EPCOT

Jimengland

Original Poster
I am not an Imagineer but what is going to replace the Millenium Village, I have already have an idea with pictures and everything of a roller coaster in a castle that is being attacked by a massive dragon, fire, fast movements, dragon chasing, I think it sounds good anyway. Plus England is a bit sparse at the moment don't you think.:rolleyes:

wagner92

Yes, it sounds good, but that isn't the whole point of the World Showcase. That would defeat the purpose of World Showcase... and I personally love the World Showcase the way it is... the buildings and theming speak for themselves.

Chad

Well, I think a neat ride for england would be to use the old Mr Toad cars and have a ride through london, sorta fast, with some tight turns, but not like a roller coaster, just a fun dark ride for kids

woofboy111

That ride sounds good for England.

The dragon coaster sounds like it would go better in beastly kingdom (if its ever built).

DisJosh

I think thrill rides and or E ticket rides should be kept out of World Showcase..........it would ruin the atmosphere and defeat the purpose of the Showcase which is to learn about thes countries, there people and culture.

Jimengland

Original Poster
I agree that a new ride like these ideas may change world showcase but I went with my younger brother and he was really bored, if WDW want customers a new ride might attract more people to the showcase.

hadleybarth

I agree that thrill rides would ruin World Showcase. None the less, England could use something. I always thought it would be fun to base a ride on Mary Poppins. You could ride on merry-go-round horses between screens running footage of the English countryside. It would be sort of a combination ride (for the little people) and film (for us more mature folks).

Jimengland

Original Poster
A ride that may not "ruin" WS is a sort of car chase through 1960's London, Carnaby Street etc. You could be in Mini's in a race charging around the sites. Also this would be easy to make like a simulator (Star Tours, Body Wars). That wouldn't ruin WS would it?

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
They are keeping the Millennium Village building but the entrance facade will be ripped out. They are using it for cast member parties and a break area for the cast members there.

Goofster

Epcot doesn't need that many Simulator rides, I mean, you've got Body Wars, hopefully soon there'll be a Stormrider, and Mission: Space is a kind of simulator also. I think Chad's dark ride would be sweet, and I would love the Matterhorn in WS.

Maria

As far as I know, MillVill was supposed to become a convention facility. There is a huge banquets kitchen behind it made for that purpose. There are many conventions held at Disney during the year and they needed a bigger place to accomodate larger ones.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Yeah, I think that is the same purpose they are using the Odyssey Restaurant for. I liked that restaurant because they had a neat character show but now it just stands ther empty most of the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom