Energy efficient air conditioners

matt9112

We encountered this one at the Westin in Georgetown (DC) two weekends ago. We had two keys so we left one in the slot and took one with us. Worked out fine.

The thing where the air conditioners shut off during the night when they think no one is in the room is for the birds.

this is aggravating.....the amount of cash most hotels charge using large scale cooling and heating systems (water source heat pumps to a tower) often you would thing they would put guest satisfaction above pinching penny's. but alas im also not an eco nut is all of humanity we have never run out of something because markets fix issues themselves.

matt9112

1. You aren't supposed to use them for sh$t. That goes elsewhere for either natural or municipal recycling.
2. Households in our area got two toters of equal size. One for trash, one for recycling. Much better than the previous system of cans for trash and a 15 gallon bin for recycling.

ours is equal size.......we literary recycle that much.....

EvilQueen-T

We Love a cold room too- We're staying al all stars music- Do the rooms get cold?

I haven't stayed at music but we've stayed at sports several times and still find it starts feeling warm in the middle of the night that sort of thing. The rooms got cold but again without any motion in the room the a/c wasn't kicking on...I still bring my fan. Had same experience in Mermaid room at AoA recently.

EvilQueen-T

I thought you were joking about the balloon. Does that really work? Wow, good to know. Thanks!

We did a last minute trip recently and my granddaughter and I kept meaning to bring back a balloon at the end of the night (we're past the stroller stage so running around with one all day wouldn't work)...but do you think either of us could remember to get one...nope. Laughed about forgetting it a lot but never remembered to do it. Will try it in September when I go back tho.

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Well, I'm the one who was originally complaining about this BUT.........

As mentioned in my trip report, we were upgraded this past June to a newly renovated one bedroom Boardwalk Villa and even though this room was brand sparkly spanking new, I was amazed and totally thrilled to find a good old fashioned non-energy efficient air conditioner there!!

It was awesome and we kept it on high freeze the entire trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom