Energy 3.0 concept

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So, I just remembered I had written a concept for Universe of Energy (and a few other parts of Future World) just over 3 years ago. I may put up the other concept I have later pending a review. I've got the text here mostly unchanged, but tweaked to remove some weaker parts. Fair warning, the concept is strikingly similar to the original 1982 show, and it's a concept from when I was much younger, so some of you may be turned off by parts of it. Here goes nothing! (Asterisks indicate the beginning and end of the concept's text)
UNIVERSE OF ENERGY presented by Florida Power & Light
Ellen's Energy Adventure is to be closed and totally renovated. Cast members will drop the ugly uniforms from 1996 and replace them with ones similar in spirit to the red ones from 1982. The traveling theatre system shall be retained, albeit the ride mechanics will be vastly improved to help recovery times after an E-Stop. On the pavilion's exterior, the sign which has adorned the building's front since 2001 is replaced by a new one with a red-orange and blue look to symbolize both the pavilion’s past and its new sponsor.

In the pre-show area, more benches will be added to make sure more people are able to sit, a problem which has existed since 1982! The pre-show’s sound system will be upgraded to feature surround sound around the whole theater rather than just the five screens. The new pre-show will feature energetic animations set to a remix of "Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round)."

Upon entering theatre 1, you can see that the curtains now have a red to orange color gradient and the 6 theatre cars are still there with their loading ramps. The new theater 1 film will be animated to show the creation of fossil fuels.

As the film ends the theatre is totally darkened and the path to the primeval diorama fogged to better hide the transition. The six vehicles then go on their 7 minute route through the diorama. Changes to the diorama include all dinosaurs dropping their rainbow color schemes and going back to green, grey, and brown and any remnants of EEA being removed. The elasmosaurus makes a triumphant return as well. Effects are refreshed as well with vegetation increased and the return of the volcano with fog into theatre 2.

During the transition into theatre 2, the KNRG transmitter is replaced by a narration explaining how just like the dinosaurs themselves, fossil fuels are a thing of the past. Theatre 2 yet again takes on a role as an information center of future energy resources. The first thing shown is solar power, with a special nod to the solar panels which have adorned the pavilion's roof since opening day. Next is wind technology featuring footage of various windmills from around the world. Then is nuclear energy. This part of the film will try to clear up common misconceptions about nuclear energy featuring a tour of the Turkey Point nuclear plant. Before the end, there will be brief mentions of lesser used energy sources such as hydroelectric and geothermal, then the future of energy including fusion. The remainder of the film will be about the effects of fossil fuels on the environment and how we can slowly phase them out with other forms of energy.

The film ends on a bright note, literally, showing the sun shining as the screens lift to allow the transition back to theatre 1. The new curtains rise yet again to reveal a new set of mirrors reflecting the projections on the three actual screens. This is a new animation set to a remixed version of 'Feel the Flow' with the on screen visuals reflecting the lyrics (i.e. "Sail the wind, tap the source"). Once the film is over, curtains fall, lights come on, and guests exit their vehicles as the exit doors open.
Universe of Energy is a show that means a lot to me simply because I think it has the most fascinating ride system of any attraction in any park. The fact that it has been allowed to rot away since 2009 is beyond frustrating, and motivates me to give the pavilion the TLC it deserves.
I hope you've enjoyed this concept! Hopefully there will be a lot more from me in the future.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
So, I just remembered I had written a concept for Universe of Energy (and a few other parts of Future World) just over 3 years ago. I may put up the other concept I have later pending a review. I've got the text here mostly unchanged, but tweaked to remove some weaker parts. Fair warning, the concept is strikingly similar to the original 1982 show, and it's a concept from when I was much younger, so some of you may be turned off by parts of it. Here goes nothing! (Asterisks indicate the beginning and end of the concept's text)
UNIVERSE OF ENERGY presented by Florida Power & Light
Ellen's Energy Adventure is to be closed and totally renovated. Cast members will drop the ugly uniforms from 1996 and replace them with ones similar in spirit to the red ones from 1982. The traveling theatre system shall be retained, albeit the ride mechanics will be vastly improved to help recovery times after an E-Stop. On the pavilion's exterior, the sign which has adorned the building's front since 2001 is replaced by a new one with a red-orange and blue look to symbolize both the pavilion’s past and its new sponsor.

In the pre-show area, more benches will be added to make sure more people are able to sit, a problem which has existed since 1982! The pre-show’s sound system will be upgraded to feature surround sound around the whole theater rather than just the five screens. The new pre-show will feature energetic animations set to a remix of "Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round)."

Upon entering theatre 1, you can see that the curtains now have a red to orange color gradient and the 6 theatre cars are still there with their loading ramps. The new theater 1 film will be animated to show the creation of fossil fuels.

As the film ends the theatre is totally darkened and the path to the primeval diorama fogged to better hide the transition. The six vehicles then go on their 7 minute route through the diorama. Changes to the diorama include all dinosaurs dropping their rainbow color schemes and going back to green, grey, and brown and any remnants of EEA being removed. The elasmosaurus makes a triumphant return as well. Effects are refreshed as well with vegetation increased and the return of the volcano with fog into theatre 2.

During the transition into theatre 2, the KNRG transmitter is replaced by a narration explaining how just like the dinosaurs themselves, fossil fuels are a thing of the past. Theatre 2 yet again takes on a role as an information center of future energy resources. The first thing shown is solar power, with a special nod to the solar panels which have adorned the pavilion's roof since opening day. Next is wind technology featuring footage of various windmills from around the world. Then is nuclear energy. This part of the film will try to clear up common misconceptions about nuclear energy featuring a tour of the Turkey Point nuclear plant. Before the end, there will be brief mentions of lesser used energy sources such as hydroelectric and geothermal, then the future of energy including fusion. The remainder of the film will be about the effects of fossil fuels on the environment and how we can slowly phase them out with other forms of energy.

The film ends on a bright note, literally, showing the sun shining as the screens lift to allow the transition back to theatre 1. The new curtains rise yet again to reveal a new set of mirrors reflecting the projections on the three actual screens. This is a new animation set to a remixed version of 'Feel the Flow' with the on screen visuals reflecting the lyrics (i.e. "Sail the wind, tap the source"). Once the film is over, curtains fall, lights come on, and guests exit their vehicles as the exit doors open.
Universe of Energy is a show that means a lot to me simply because I think it has the most fascinating ride system of any attraction in any park. The fact that it has been allowed to rot away since 2009 is beyond frustrating, and motivates me to give the pavilion the TLC is deserves.
I hope you've enjoyed this concept! Hopefully there will be a lot more from me in the future.
Wow!!! You should do this more often! This is great!

michmousefan

Love it. I love the original pavilion logos... and animated the last ten or so seconds of what I'd like a revitalized UOE to look like; with some improved/remixed music... could be cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom