End of May.

draybook

What are y'alls experiences with the end of May? We're already going to be down from January 23rd until February 5th, but it seems that we'll be going back from May 20th until the 29th. The May trip is for Megacon, but since we have APs, it would seem silly to drive all of that way and not stop by the House of the Mouse. It looks like the weekdays of that week are good judging by the TP crowd calendar, mostly 5's and a 4. But those weekends are all listed as 9's. I think that the first two days (Sat/Sun) will be spent at Universal and the weekdays will be Disney, followed by the con on that following Fri/Sat.

ToTBellHop

What are y'alls experiences with the end of May? We're already going to be down from January 23rd until February 5th, but it seems that we'll be going back from May 20th until the 29th. The May trip is for Megacon, but since we have APs, it would seem silly to drive all of that way and not stop by the House of the Mouse. It looks like the weekdays of that week are good judging by the TP crowd calendar, mostly 5's and a 4. But those weekends are all listed as 9's. I think that the first two days (Sat/Sun) will be spent at Universal and the weekdays will be Disney, followed by the con on that following Fri/Sat.
We love going at that time. The weekends are more crowded due to Star Wars but Memorial Day is late next year and shouldn't be an impact. We've gone in May three years and the weather is really nice, though hot. May is usually right before the summer humidity and rain comes in. This past May, we went for eight days and it rained ONCE for an hour. Otherwise, wall-to-wall sun. It was beautiful. And the crowds were manageable outside of DHS on the weekend.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

May is a great time of year to go. Weather is good and crowds are manageable. We have gone several times in May. I know you all go in September a lot. In comparison to that. It's not as hot, nor as crowded. Only thing you have to worry about is the memorial day holiday. Sure the days leading up to that will be busier.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We go for 2 weeks during the last week of May thru early June. Weather is good as far as heat/ humidity, crowds aren't as terrible as major holidays and we get in on 2 SWW. We always get the ADR's we want without any real issues. In short, we think it's a good time of year.

Upvote 0

disneylover97

I was also thinking about going in May (mostly for 24 hour day) glad to hear good things from you all! Ive never been in May, only the summer and can't take the heat and crowds anymore. Looks like May is a nice time to go, hopefully I can check it out :) thanks everyone

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

The tail end hits memorial day weekend, so it will get busier by then.

We usually go the first week in May, seems to be the sweet spot on attendance and weather.

Upvote 0

Cetta

We went in May 2009 and it was not as hot as when we went in Sept 2012 but we actually encountered more rain. We did go for Star Wars Weekends which was awesome! Thinking back (now this was a long time ago so I could just be imagining) but the crowd levels felt about the same.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom