EMH Question

travellerman

Original Poster
I've never actually used Extra Magic Hours before. We just arrived when we arrived. But this time because of Pandora we're thinking its a good idea. All the FOP FP's were gone so we're hoping to not have such a huge wait in line. How does the EMH work in the morning? Is there specific lines they let people in with if they're using EMH? Are they fussy if people show up who aren't staying onsite (we're staying onsite)
Thanks.

matt9112

I've never actually used Extra Magic Hours before. We just arrived when we arrived. But this time because of Pandora we're thinking its a good idea. All the FOP FP's were gone so we're hoping to not have such a huge wait in line. How does the EMH work in the morning? Is there specific lines they let people in with if they're using EMH? Are they fussy if people show up who aren't staying onsite (we're staying onsite)
Thanks.

yes they are very strict. you have to be on site. there is usually one set of scanners open for the EMH crowd.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

Pretty sure they sometimes (if not always) have a portable scanner at the enterance to attractions and they will check your magic band

JIMINYCR

EMH's are worth taking advantage of. It is an option only available to guests staying onsite. Your bands are checked and that allows Disney to screen out guests trying to get in early that arent staying at a resort. Even with that limiting the people entering you will still have a large number of guests going in like you specifically targeting Pandora. Most EMH guests will be eagerly walking towards that area. It will still give you a shorter wait than when the park opens up for everyone.

awhit066

If you choose to use EMH to do FOP make sure you get there EXTRA early.

I went 2 weeks ago and was at the bus stop at ASMovies by 7:15. The bus took a very long time to come and get us (probably the longest wait of our trip) and by the time we got through the gates and in line for FOP at ~8AM we were being told that the line was already 2 and a half hours long. It ended up being more like 1:45 and we made it for the tail end of our first FP, but that was not how I expected my morning to go.

I am Timmy

If you choose to use EMH to do FOP make sure you get there EXTRA early.

I went 2 weeks ago and was at the bus stop at ASMovies by 7:15. The bus took a very long time to come and get us (probably the longest wait of our trip) and by the time we got through the gates and in line for FOP at ~8AM we were being told that the line was already 2 and a half hours long. It ended up being more like 1:45 and we made it for the tail end of our first FP, but that was not how I expected my morning to go.
THIS. This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid when we go in Dec. We always take advantage of EMH, but I can't tell you how many times we were at the bus stop way early, only to be stuck there for 40 min. waiting for a bus. Then, you get there and you're way at the back of the line. Usually it's not that big of a deal, but with Pandora I'm already anticipating problems from what I've been reading. Our first day in AK won't be until Dec. 11, and we will have more than one day there, but I'm trying to plan ahead in case I can't get fast passes. Would you suggest taking an Uber one of those mornings? We've taken Uber loads of times, very reasonable, and just may be worth the extra $ to avoid a morning like that. By the way, sorry for experience, but thank you for sharing!

danyoung56

In my experience, morning EMH's are MUCH more valuable than evening EMH's. That's cuz not only do people not want to get up so early in the morning while they're on vacation, but crowds in any given park build through the afternoon and evening, making the evening EMH pretty much a gridlock. For me it's best to do a morning EMH, and then when the crowds start to build up in the late morning/early afternoon, head back to the hotel for a nice old guy nap, and then head out to a non-EMH evening park.

awhit066

THIS. This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid when we go in Dec. We always take advantage of EMH, but I can't tell you how many times we were at the bus stop way early, only to be stuck there for 40 min. waiting for a bus. Then, you get there and you're way at the back of the line. Usually it's not that big of a deal, but with Pandora I'm already anticipating problems from what I've been reading. Our first day in AK won't be until Dec. 11, and we will have more than one day there, but I'm trying to plan ahead in case I can't get fast passes. Would you suggest taking an Uber one of those mornings? We've taken Uber loads of times, very reasonable, and just may be worth the extra $ to avoid a morning like that. By the way, sorry for experience, but thank you for sharing!

No problem! In hindsight, the first thing I would have changed was my expectations going into the day. I thought we were going to arrive to low(er) crowds and an 1hr wait for FOP, but clearly that does not happen unless you are some of the first people to arrive.

If you are willing to take an Uber then I say go for it!! The benefit is that you have a bit more control over your departure time (assuming there is a car nearby to get you). Personally, I would try Disney transportation again; we just had one unlucky bus trip. I might wake up at the same time, but skip breakfast/coffee and go straight to the bus stop to catch the first bus available (then eat in the park), or maybe just set the alarm for 15mins earlier...

Whatever you decide I hope it works out for you! I really enjoyed the whole experience of Pandora and was even happy having to wait longer than I had hoped for FOP (we hopped back on the evening of our last day to willingly get in a 2+hr line to do it again!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom