EMH change

threvester

Anybody notice that they changed the Extra Magic Hour days at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom?
Looks like they went from Sunday to Saturday at the Magic Kingdom and Monday to Sunday at Animal Kingdom starting in mid-July. I cant believe they want us to book our rides and restaurants so far out, then change the hours starting in just 3 weeks..sorry if this is posted elsewhere..didnt see anything

cw1982

Curious here, how does AK EMH affect park crowds later in the day? It is our arrival day, but won't be in the park til at least noon, depending on traffic, etc. We chose AK before the changes, when it was most recommended, have ADRs scheduled around a pretty short trip, so no room for changes. Every other day still works in our favor, so not gonna mess around with the rest of our vacay over 1 day.

General rule of thumb is that EMH's tend to make the park more crowded... however, if you won't be there until around lunch time, you'll probably find that a lot of the morning EMH crowd will have already moved on to other parks, gone back to the room for a swim, etc. I'd say you should be fine.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

General rule of thumb is that EMH's tend to make the park more crowded... however, if you won't be there until around lunch time, you'll probably find that a lot of the morning EMH crowd will have already moved on to other parks, gone back to the room for a swim, etc. I'd say you should be fine.

Agreed. Unlike the other 3 parks - AK is doable regardless of crowds. If its EMH day - usually the resort guests have cleared out by noon/1pm (if not earlier). AK usually gets it high crowds 10-noon but quickly dies down at the day goes on. And if you are using FP+ - that will be of assistance as well.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

August changes:

Saturday August 9:

Magic Kingdom hours extended to 9am-12am from 9am-11pm.
Monday August 11:
Hollywood Studios evening Extra Magic Hours added.
Tuesday August 12:
Hollywood Studios evening Extra Magic Hours canceled.
Friday August 22:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-9:30pm from 9am-8pm. Second Fantasmic added at 10pm, in addition to 8:30pm show.
Wednesday August 27:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-9:30pm from 9am-8pm.

Upvote 0

Rob562

They've also tweaked the AK hours during my trip in early November. It was originally 9-5 every day, but they've extended the closing to 6pm on Nov 1 and then 7pm a few days the following week. With the clock change on Sunday, that'll mean an hour or two of after-dark park time at AK during my trip. YAY!

-Rob

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

They've also tweaked the AK hours during my trip in early November. It was originally 9-5 every day, but they've extended the closing to 6pm on Nov 1 and then 7pm a few days the following week. With the clock change on Sunday, that'll mean an hour or two of after-dark park time at AK during my trip. YAY!

-Rob
I'm jealous. I have seen a number of people saying night time at Animal is amazing. No waits, no crowds, and better atmosphere.

Upvote 0

PARichards

Agreed. Unlike the other 3 parks - AK is doable regardless of crowds. If its EMH day - usually the resort guests have cleared out by noon/1pm (if not earlier). AK usually gets it high crowds 10-noon but quickly dies down at the day goes on. And if you are using FP+ - that will be of assistance as well.

Phew! It's our only DAK day, so was really hoping for the nap crowd to have moved out of the park just as we are arriving :cat: We're starting in DL because we are driving down and The Boneyard looks like a nice place to let the kids run off some energy, before moving on to attractions with lines/waits. I am also psyched to find there's a FotLK showing at park close (5pm) so we don't have to take a break from touring on such a short day to watch the show!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Phew! It's our only DAK day, so was really hoping for the nap crowd to have moved out of the park just as we are arriving :cat: We're starting in DL because we are driving down and The Boneyard looks like a nice place to let the kids run off some energy, before moving on to attractions with lines/waits. I am also psyched to find there's a FotLK showing at park close (5pm) so we don't have to take a break from touring on such a short day to watch the show!

And FoTLK is not to be missed. You will have a wonderful day. AK gets a lot of hate but its one of my favorite parks - especially at closing.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Animal Kingdom extended hours changes:
Saturday October 4:
Animal Kingdom hours extended to 9am-6pm from 9am-5pm.
Sunday October 5:
Monday October 6:
Tuesday October 7:
Wednesday October 8:
Thursday October 9:
Animal Kingdom hours extended to 9am-7pm from 9am-5pm.
Friday October 10:
Animal Kingdom hours extended to 9am-8pm from 9am-5pm.
Saturday October 11:
Sunday October 12:
Monday October 13:
Tuesday October 14:
Wednesday October 15:
Thursday October 16:
Fantasmic added at 7:30pm.
Friday October 17:

Saturday October 18:
Sunday October 19:
Monday October 20:
Wednesday October 22:
Thursday October 23:
Friday October 24:
Saturday October 25:
Sunday October 26:
Saturday November 1:
Sunday November 2:
Thursday November 6:
Friday November 7:
Saturday November 8:
Sunday November 9:
Monday November 10:
Tuesday November 11:
Wednesday November 12:
Thursday November 13:
Friday November 14:
Saturday November 15:
Sunday November 16:
Saturday November 22:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-8pm from 9am-7pm.
Sunday November 23:

Monday November 24:
Tuesday November 25:
Wednesday November 26:
Thursday November 27:
Saturday November 29:
Sunday November 30:

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

August changes:
Saturday August 9:
Magic Kingdom hours extended to 9am-12am from 9am-11pm.
Monday August 11:
Hollywood Studios evening Extra Magic Hours added.
Tuesday August 12:
Hollywood Studios evening Extra Magic Hours canceled.
Friday August 22:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-9:30pm from 9am-8pm. Second Fantasmic added at 10pm, in addition to 8:30pm show.
Wednesday August 27:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-9:30pm from 9am-8pm.

Somehow this went over my head and now my plans are messed up again.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Friday September 5:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-9:30pm from 9am-8pm. Frozen Fireworks added at 9:15pm.
Saturday September 6:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-9:30pm from 9am-8pm. Frozen Fireworks added at 9:15pm.
Sunday September 7:
Friday September 12:
Saturday September 13:
Sunday September 14:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-9pm from 9am-8pm. Frozen Fireworks added at 8:45pm.
Friday September 19:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-9pm from 9am-7:30pm. Frozen Fireworks added at 8:45pm.
Friday September 26:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-9pm from 9am-7:30pm. Frozen Fireworks added at 8:45pm.
Saturday September 27:
Sunday September 28:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-9pm from 9am-7:30pm. Second Fantasmic added at 9:30pm, in addition to 8pm show. Frozen Fireworks added at 8:45pm.
Tuesday October 7:
Hollywood Studios hours shortened to 9am-6pm from 9am-7pm

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom