Emerils

thumper

Original Poster
Has anyone eaten at Emerils? Is it worth it? I'm assuming the food is good! My husband and I are going to Disney in May, but we decided to make a reservation at this restaurant. Any comments would be appreciated!:slurp:

crazykingdom

Account Suspended
Originally posted by thumper
Has anyone eaten at Emerils? Is it worth it? I'm assuming the food is good! My husband and I are going to Disney in May, but we decided to make a reservation at this restaurant. Any comments would be appreciated!:slurp:

Where did they put Emerils? When did it open?

woofboy111

Well you are in the Universal page of this forum, so I think you're posting in the right place. Emeril's resturant is in Citywalk, and it's a bit expensive. I've never eaten there for this reason, and if you plan on going in may, I reccomend you make your reservation as soon as possible. For some times of the year I've heard they get a wait for up to 3 years!!!

Also, an Japanese Resturant owned by Emeril is planned to be opened in the Royal Pacific hotel in late spring. Good luck eating there, and tell us how it is!

JBloom1029

I've eaten there several times and the food and service was excellent, its expensive but i think it's worth it. Thecajun calamari is great and so is the steak i had except they didnt have A1 sauce, Another great place is the Palm at the Hard Rock Hotel which has some of the best meat I've ever had.

thumper

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice - I decided to book a 6PM reservation. I also told them we were celebrating our one year anniversary. Not sure if they'll do anything special, but it couldn't hurt to try!

DanStat

The Palm...that's the ultra-exclusive restaraunt here in Charlotte...but its VERY good!

Emeril's is great! The food is awesome!

It makes me want to say BAM!

ksdave

I've eaten at Emeril's. I have traveled alot (43 states and counting) and Emeril's is in my top 3 for restaurants. The service is exceptional and the food excellent. Although alot of people say it is expensive, I don't believe it is out of line. My wife and I ate at Portobello Yacht Club at Downtown Disney on a Saturday and Emeril's on a Sunday. We basically had the same number of courses, drinks, etc. and Portobello was actually a few dollars more than Emeril's.
Hope you love it as much as we did.

DanStat

One of the best restaraunts they don't have in Orlando is the Melting Pot...it is soo good...a tad on the expensive side though...but very good!

woofboy111

The melting pot is the fondu place right? For the tiny chunks of meat that they give you, it's very expensive. I've noticed that it's better to just go to this resturant for dessert.

DanStat

Originally posted by woofboy111
The melting pot is the fondu place right? For the tiny chunks of meat that they give you, it's very expensive. I've noticed that it's better to just go to this resturant for dessert.

Yes, its the fondue restaraunt. I love it!

I won't miss a course at that restaraunt! :sohappy: :slurp:

doshields

Emerils - Wasn't allowed in at 12:30 had a tank top on and didn't have a shirt with me. Bummer - you'd think that for a guy that's supposedly the working man's chef that he'd allow that kind of thing in July in Florida (especially for those of us from the north - Actually northwest - we don't get much heat up here).

As far as The Melting Pot - we have one of those up here in Seattle. Entertaining. That's about it.

doshields

Eh, it's ok. I'm not that impressed. I'm a fan of not being hungry at the end of the meal. Unfortunately, it took us 3 hours to get through the meal last time.

But it was tasty what we were given.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom