Emergency Brainstorming for Future GOTG replacement that actually fits Epcot.

HMF

Original Poster
I think the Title says it all. Go to town with your ideas everyone. Needless to say the GOTG Coaster is likely happening and Epcots theme will be damaged in the process. We need to find a way to use the GOTG infrastructure to create something thematically appropriate for Epcot.

MA Screamin'

I like what this YouTuber suggested, but it could be more like the Guardians have established a base where they are protecting a sacred source of energy that can face attack by Thanos or whatever villain would be most appropriate. Not up on the Marvel mythology, so I can't help in this regard. But regardless :D, the video pretty much sums up my thoughts.

MA Screamin'

Keeping the roller coaster technology, (If possible.)

Oh, with that in mind, we've seen coasters now be able to slow down to experience show scenes, so we could build up a show with the history of energy to take the climax to be electricity and how it's harnessed.

HMF

Original Poster
Oh, with that in mind, we've seen coasters now be able to slow down to experience show scenes, so we could build up a show with the history of energy to take the climax to be electricity and how it's harnessed.
I like it but don't feel obligated to make it about Energy. It can be any EPCOT-worthy topic.

2351metalcloud

In "Inside Out", Bing Bong tells Joy "Take her to the moon for me." A replacement could be about Riley (now an astronaut and an adult) going on a mission (possibly with other astronauts maybe including the guests) from a space station located on the moon to an asteroid or planet to help with or begin the mining of some real or imagined 'rare earth' material. The rare earth would be getting mined possibly because it is helpful in some way with providing energy for people to use.

Another idea is just for the ride to be about Riley the astronaut going from Earth to the moon with a focus on the energy involved in this, but this might seem too similar to Mission: Space.

Another one is Riley would just be a drone and/or machinery pilot of a spaceship and an attached machine that aids in the mining of rare earths in space. Maybe the guests would be taken on a journey following the spaceship and the process of the mining.

If they put in an attraction or multiple attractions into the Wonders of Life featuring characters from Inside Out this might help the Energy pavilion tie in more with what is next to it and vice versa.

HMF

Original Poster
In "Inside Out", Bing Bong tells Joy "Take her to the moon for me." A replacement could be about Riley (now an astronaut and an adult) going on a mission (possibly with other astronauts maybe including the guests) from a space station located on the moon to an asteroid or planet to help with or begin the mining of some real or imagined 'rare earth' material. The rare earth would be getting mined possibly because it is helpful in some way with providing energy for people to use.

Another idea is just for the ride to be about Riley the astronaut going from Earth to the moon with a focus on the energy involved in this, but this might seem too similar to Mission: Space.

Another one is Riley would just be a drone and/or machinery pilot of a spaceship and an attached machine that aids in the mining of rare earths in space. Maybe the guests would be taken on a journey following the spaceship and the process of the mining.

If they put in an attraction or multiple attractions into the Wonders of Life featuring characters from Inside Out this might help the Energy pavilion tie in more with what is next to it and vice versa.
I already have Inside Out earmarked for WOL.

Daveeeeed

I like what this YouTuber suggested, but it could be more like the Guardians have established a base where they are protecting a sacred source of energy that can face attack by Thanos or whatever villain would be most appropriate. Not up on the Marvel mythology, so I can't help in this regard. But regardless :D, the video pretty much sums up my thoughts.

It's cool to see Rob is becoming very successful with his channel. I've been a subscriber just months after he started his channel, so it's awesome to see. I really like his video, and it makes sense as to why their decisions make sense. As for the theme of EPCOT, I feel like that will always be more timeless than an unrelated Disney Ip regardless. I really love the idea of adding Ratatouille to World Showcase (I've always felt making it slightly more Fantasylandish with rides, but keeping the country intact unlike Norway is the way to go). Nemo & Gotg IMO could potentially work, but currently, Nemo fits so badly the way they did it that I worry about the integration. Still, I'm not going to be the one that's quick to judge, and am extremily excited even if they partly ruin the theme. In that case I hope the Park recieves a new encompassing mission statement similar to how it is now, but also one that would allow more flexibility with IPs. I'm sure Gotg will be the best WDW ride since Splash Mountain, as Mission Breakout placement aside is the pinnacle of Disney Imagineering, so for that reason (and since they're my favorite comic book characters) I will obviously still be super excited. I love the Uoe, especially the music, but I recognize it needs to go badly, so I would be sad about it. GMR, on the other hand, is super sad. I'm sure Mickey will be wonderful and also fit the location properly, but it should not come at the cost of such a majestic attraction.
I already have Inside Out earmarked for WOL.
Great idea to start this thread. I think current management feels like they have to implement IPs to compete with Universal (added benefits is familiarity and marketing. They are not going to make the Pandora mistake either by buying outside as they could not control the sequels; at least the result was still epic. That being said, current management is also adding quality additions that are so so good.
On to your post, I definitely agree that Inside Out deserves a place in EPCOT, and it's one of just a handful of IPs that I would advocate for bringing into EPCOT.

Since Future World East and West seem to be turning into Future World Earth & Sea, Energy would still be an appropriate fit for that idea, so there is a chance that they incorporate Energy (even if it is subtle, a power plant in DCA is evidence that it has worked), I would leave weather to a new pavilion in FW West (circa 2040), and instead focus on either Energy, or continue the space area. Gotg seems to cover that in that sense, but IMO I would have preferred a Comic-Book pavilion, that features a Gotg. It wouldn't be science related, but it wouldn't feel as forced into the park's message statement/theme. If we are to continue the space theme with preferably a non-ip, I would love to see an EMV or a Gringotts-style coaster system be used to take you on random planets. There could be for instance 5 different planets to bring re-rideability to a new level, and that change using a mix of projection mapping on objects. So you could have a larger combination of sets and screens that way. Not the best idea in the world, but I don't have very many right now.

But as long as they stick to an altered version of the original mission statement, deliver quality attractions that actually fit (ex. Ratatouille vs. Frozen), and they

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom