How to: Embed photos and videos into posts

fmingo36

Everytime I try to post a picture using my PhotoBucket account I get a small box with a red X (see sample below) in it when I go to post it here. Is this a problem with the pictures on Photobucket or is there a problem when I move them to WDWmagic? Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions to fix it?

167690_1674527137616_7938747_n.jpg
[/IMG]

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Everytime I try to post a picture using my PhotoBucket account I get a small box with a red X (see sample below) in it when I go to post it here. Is this a problem with the pictures on Photobucket or is there a problem when I move them to WDWmagic? Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions to fix it?

[/IMG]
Have a look at the instruction on the first page of this thread. Is it still happening after you do that?

Kristia

I use photobucket and it has been working fine for me. When I embed a pic, I hover my cursor over the thumbnail pic and a list comes up. I don't click on the share at all. I just go down to IMG, left click on it and it should say "copied". Then I come to my post and paste it. If you are looking at the large picture and not the thumbnail, on the right hand side there is a box with "Links". I do the same as with the the thumbnail, click on the IMG code and it should say copied and then paste here. Occassionally photobucket has been a little weird and I have had to actually highlight the image code and then paste. Hope this helps!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

[/IMG]
Hi!

You have some strange formatting going on with the link. The starting IMG is plain text, and then the rest is a hyperlink. If you make the whole thing plain text in notepad, and then paste it in here, all is well. Where are you getting the links from? Something is translating it before you paste it here into the forum.

299484_2157834700003_1729840406_n.jpg

ExtinctJenn

Any option for FB pics
I actually don't think Facebook allow you to embed photos directly on third party sites. I will look into it though.
You can actually get pictures from FB to post but it's a little tricky. You have to get the image URL (right click, properties) and then use the little image button (or type the bbcode manually) but it can be done (or at least could when I last did it about a month ago). :)

fmingo36

Hi!

You have some strange formatting going on with the link. The starting IMG is plain text, and then the rest is a hyperlink. If you make the whole thing plain text in notepad, and then paste it in here, all is well. Where are you getting the links from? Something is translating it before you paste it here into the forum.

299484_2157834700003_1729840406_n.jpg

Thanks Steve. I uploaded the pictures from my camera to Facebook and then from Facebook to Photobucket. Something must be mixed up from that.
Next time I'll upload them from my camera directly to photobucket

Nemo14

How about signatures? I've embedded an image code from Photobucket, but it doesn't show up?

Steve posted this answer in June to a similar question:
"To try and make the forums faster for everyone, and to increase readability we discontinued signature images years ago. That is still the case on the new forums."

coleandrachel

I opened a Flickr account, put pictures on it, got the BBCode and put it in to the picture thing on this forum... But the picture doesn't show when I post it. There is like an error picture or something with a link next to it that will take you to my flickr page if you click on it. any ideas??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I opened a Flickr account, put pictures on it, got the BBCode and put it in to the picture thing on this forum... But the picture doesn't show when I post it. There is like an error picture or something with a link next to it that will take you to my flickr page if you click on it. any ideas??
Have you got an example post where this is happening?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom