Emailed Receipt - Wrong Person

fiftiesdean

Original Poster
I was sent the folio for another person. Same hotel, different room, different person. I wouldn't be too upset about it, but it has the person's name and home address. Logic would dictate that my folio went to someone else as well. Has anyone seen this?

bee

Once I received someone else's 1099 tax form from a company I freelance with. The other person had a similar first and last name to mine. Like, really???

rob0519

I was sent the folio for another person. Same hotel, different room, different person. I wouldn't be too upset about it, but it has the person's name and home address. Logic would dictate that my folio went to someone else as well. Has anyone seen this?

Mistakes do happen. Unless it contains your full credit card information, it's not likely to cause you any harm. I would call Guest Services though to ask for your folio and let them know you got the wrong one by mistake so they can re-issue it to the other party correctly.

fiftiesdean

Original Poster
Mistakes do happen. Unless it contains your full credit card information, it's not likely to cause you any harm. I would call Guest Services though to ask for your folio and let them know you got the wrong one by mistake so they can re-issue it to the other party correctly.

I called and asked, mine wasn't sent to anyone, I received mine just fine, but I also received someone else's. Name + Home Address + Room Number (before they checked out) is a lot of info to accidentally send to someone. I kindly requested that they informed that family and just deleted the email.

DrummerAlly

I had my alma mater mess up my social security number on a form once and confuse me with another person who defaulted on her loans. After she managed to defer MY loans, I corrected everything with the university. A year later, I started getting emails about the law suit against her regarding her default on her loans with huge amounts of personal information.

It's amazing how often this happens and its definitely not just Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom