Elsa Favoritism

Matt_Black

The solution is simple: Disney should give Anna her own powers. I've already suggested here that Anna should suddenly develop the power to control fire - the opposite of Elsa's power. It could be kinda funny IMO.

Actually, I've heard people theorize that since she's much stronger in scenes than she reasonably should be, that she's got super-strength, suggesting a connection with earth elements.

MotherofaPrincessLover

It's mostly the magic powers. I know my daughter and her friends always fight about who's going to be Elsa when they play. I would think it also has to do with the dress. Personally, my favorite dress is Anna's coronation dress.

disney4life2008

Im with others i thought Anna was the star of the movie. My issue was that she was with multiple men at such a young age. I think elsa gets so much play because of that let it go song im so sick and tired of that song idk what to do. To be fair, i loved elsa in the blue gown. But she was not that impressive in the movie.

FettFan

The solution is simple: Disney should give Anna her own powers. I've already suggested here that Anna should suddenly develop the power to control fire - the opposite of Elsa's power. It could be kinda funny IMO.

Yeah, because that's totally original and has never ever been done to death and back before.
1969332-mortal_kombat_scorpion_sub_zero_demo_impressions.png

160666567_16be126d3d.jpg

The%2Bsnow%2Band%2Bheat%2Bmiser

20110220215210!Ice_column.png

AintNoOtherMan

I don't know how important it is to 5 year olds, but they could like Elsa because she's different from everyone, and she might make some kids feel better about themselves for being different, just like Elsa. I mean, I know when I was younger, I thought I was weird for having anxiety, and Elsa seems to have some form of anxiety, so I probably would have felt the connection to her. Representation is important for younger kids, so they might see a little bit of themselves in Elsa, opposed to Anna.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it completely. It's probably because she sings Let it Go.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We had about 50 kids at preschool Fall Fest 10 Elsas, 1 Anna and an Olaf.

My daughter LOVED Anna the most when the movie came out but slowly over time she turned into an Elsa fan. I tried to convince her to be something/anything else but she wanted to be Elsa for Halloween.

Anna is eighteen. That's not too young, especially for a fictional town supposedly set in Norway (I say supposedly because my girlfriend has lived in Norway all her life and Arendelle is not at all like Arendal - she would know, she lives fifteen minutes away from the town) in the 1800s.

My five-year-old sister is an Elsa fan, primarily because she recognizes the voice through my love of musicals, the 'pretty song', the ice powers, and the dresses (blue and purple = better than Anna's outfit colors, in her opinion). Also because if she were to play Anna, she'd wind up with Kristoff...and she knows that Kristoff is my man. :p:D

Livialovesdisney

My girls love swapping between Anna and Elsa, but my eldest definitely prefers Elsa. She's going as Elsa for Halloween, I'm Anna, and my 3 year old daughter INSISTED on being Olaf. I kid you not. She is totally into Olaf, so I have an Olaf costume for her. She runs around telling people she likes warm hugs.

My seven year old sister is also a huge Olaf fan!! She has an olaf doll and wants to be him for Halloween too. Her favorite line is,"Oh, look at that! I've been impaled." Haha :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom