Eisner's response!

amejr999

Original Poster
This is what our good friend Eisner had to say on Paul's departure:

"Paul has been a tremendous asset to the Walt Disney Company over his 15 years of service," said Michael D. Eisner, chairman and chief executive officer of the Walt Disney Company. "Under his leadership, both the Parks and Resorts and the Disney Stores were guided through a time of enormous creative and financial growth. I am certain that Paul's talents will benefit the Gap tremendously, just as they have added outstanding value to our company," Eisner said.

WHAT TRASH!!

amejr999

Original Poster
"Under his leadership, both the Parks and Resorts and the Disney Stores were guided through a time of enormous creative and financial growth."

While I can't argue with the financial part, creative growth? If creative meaning letting the parks go to disrepair, sure...

Hochmania

Because Pressler was the biggest cheapskate when it came to the parks! It's because of him we had all the cutbacks. Good riddence!

pheneix

Of course Eisner is sad to see Pressler go. His biggest "yes-man" has been hired away by a retail company (which is where Pressler needs to be, I think he will do great things for Gap), and even better, there are other forces at work than Eisner who are choosing a replacement, and one of the top contenders could spell a very quick and deadly end for Eisner's reign.

Things can only head up from here, but they can sky-rocket upward if the right guy comes in.

epcot71

i wouldnt take eisners remarks to heart-everyone knows there was bad blood between the 2-as ceo eisner was doing the professional thing by saying what he did-anyone in business knows u dont take cheap shots at a departing employee-that would make eisner and disney look very bad-and plus u never know eisner and pressler might do business later on with a gap/disney marketing blitz like disney character khakis or something along those lines

WDW Imagineer

I will not deny that Pressler did great things for the Disney Store, a person that used to run a chain of stores is not necessarly the right man when it comes to theme parks.

Although this will never be stated like this, I think it was an ultimatum for Pressler, 'Eisner: If I was you I might want to look for anouther job because you may not have one. Pressler: Good idea...'

Now that may be a strech but I think he may have been pushed out and just got another job at another company.

RogueHabit

Originally posted by amejr999
This is what our good friend Eisner had to say on Paul's departure:

"Paul has been a tremendous asset to the Walt Disney Company over his 15 years of service," said Michael D. Eisner, chairman and chief executive officer of the Walt Disney Company. "Under his leadership, both the Parks and Resorts and the Disney Stores were guided through a time of enormous creative and financial growth. I am certain that Paul's talents will benefit the Gap tremendously, just as they have added outstanding value to our company," Eisner said.

WHAT TRASH!!
I wouldn't put much weight behind this. It's common practice in business to say something nice about the outgoing. Why do Disney care now, Pressler is no loner their problem.

tenchu

Re: Re: Eisner's response!

Originally posted by Catch 22
I wouldn't put much weight behind this. It's common practice in business to say something nice about the outgoing. Why do Disney care now, Pressler is no loner their problem.

Yeah, but they don't weant to sound like there was an accrimonious split.

Stuff like that can affect share prices.

Sherm00

Originally posted by epcot71
i wouldnt take eisners remarks to heart-everyone knows there was bad blood between the 2-as ceo eisner was doing the professional thing by saying what he did-anyone in business knows u dont take cheap shots at a departing employee-that would make eisner and disney look very bad-and plus u never know eisner and pressler might do business later on with a gap/disney marketing blitz like disney character khakis or something along those lines

Ditto. but what I want to know wasn't 15 years ago when pressler came in that the disney stores and the parks started to go down hill.

alee4eva

I will not deny that Pressler did great things for the Disney Store, a person that used to run a chain of stores is not necessarly the right man when it comes to theme parks.

I totally agree. He was a perfect choice to run the Disney Stores. They should've just left him running the stores and moved up Al Weiss to the parks or something to begin with. I'm glad Pressler is going back to retail, hes great at that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom