who would you vote for if that were up to us

• Bob Iger

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Michael Eisner

Votes: 65 72.2%

• Total voters

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I was all for Michael Eisner getting the boot back in the day but now i miss him like he was my grandpa, besides the dumb down of two attractions in Epcot whats happening now is murder. I no respect for tiger, he's corrupt and the parks have only gone downhill, attractions are disappearing or being taken over by franchise and prices are going up.

IanDLBZF

Eisner was good during his initial term, but come the late 90s and early 2000s is when things got crappy. We never got Beastly Kingdom, Figment was dumbed down, DinoRama was CRAP, and animation never really did well, all in all I think Eisner was really an IDIOT. Things seemed to have improved a bit under Iger, we're finally getting a well needed expansion to Animal Kingdom, updates to nighttime entertainment, AWARD winning films year after year, etc.

HMF

Eisner was good during his initial term, but come the late 90s and early 2000s is when things got crappy. We never got Beastly Kingdom, Figment was dumbed down, DinoRama was CRAP, and animation never really did well, all in all I think Eisner was really an IDIOT. Things seemed to have improved a bit under Iger, we're finally getting a well needed expansion to Animal Kingdom, updates to nighttime entertainment, AWARD winning films year after year, etc.
Iger is a bigger idiot than Michael Eisner ever was.

HMF

Roy wanted Eisner out, what point does that phrase even have?
Roy didn't want Iger though. in fact Iger did exactly what Eisner wanted to do and made Roy a "Director Emeritus" Roy reluctantly accepted Iger and came back on board . After his death in 2009 the Disney Family lost it's lone representative left in the Company and it's gone downhill from there.

IanDLBZF

Roy didn't want Iger though. in fact Iger did exactly what Eisner wanted to do and made Roy a "Director Emeritus" Roy reluctantly accepted Iger and came back on board .
To tell ya the truth, according to Wikipedia, Roy "resigned from his positions as Disney vice chairman and chairman of Walt Disney Feature Animation. His reason for resigning was his feeling that there was too much micromanagement within the studio, flops with the ABC television network, the company's growing timidity in the theme park business, the Walt Disney Company turning into a "rapacious, soul-less" company, Eisner's refusal to establish a clear succession plan, as well as the studio releasing a string of box-office movie flops starting in the year 2000." That was wrong with Eisner at the time.

HMF

To tell ya the truth, according to Wikipedia, Roy "resigned from his positions as Disney vice chairman and chairman of Walt Disney Feature Animation. His reason for resigning was his feeling that there was too much micromanagement within the studio, flops with the ABC television network, the company's growing timidity in the theme park business, the Walt Disney Company turning into a "rapacious, soul-less" company, Eisner's refusal to establish a clear succession plan, as well as the studio releasing a string of box-office movie flops starting in the year 2000." That was wrong with Eisner at the time.

I know what happened and I will acknowledge that at the time Eisner was driving the company into the ground. That being said, Iger at his best is worse than Eisner at his worst. As for the rapacious soul-less company line. I would argue that that perception has only gotten bigger under Iger.

IanDLBZF

That being said, Iger at his best is worse than Eisner at his worst.
But hey, look on the bright side of things. At least the company as a whole has not been driven into the ground. We've seen Disney winning major film industry awards ALMOST every year under Iger.

HMF

But hey, look on the bright side of things. At least the company as a whole has not been driven into the ground. We've seen Disney winning major film industry awards ALMOST every year under Iger.
Mostly because of the "Toys" (Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm,) he bought rather than created. Hell, I would rather the Company go under than see it continue on the path Iger has it on.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Mostly because of the "Toys" (Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm,) he bought rather than created.
Eisner bought a toy - Saban Entertainment, and Iger thankfully to likes of the Power Rangers fans gave it away back to its rightful owners.
Disney was affiliated with Pixar every since Toy Story, what difference did/does it make?

IanDLBZF

Mostly because of the "Toys" (Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm,) he bought rather than created.
Continuing on, not everything that won was a "toy" Iger bought, some if it was his companies original creations (i.e. Frozen, Zootopia, etc).

IanDLBZF

And I am NOT going to start, nor allow, for this to become a heated argument any further. I'm just saying, it's not just the parks you have to focus on, its the movies and Disney's TV Networks too!

HMF

Eisner bought a toy - Saban Entertainment, and Iger thankfully to likes of the Power Rangers fans gave it away back to its rightful owners.
Disney was affiliated with Pixar every since Toy Story, what difference did/does it make?
Pixar was indeed a smart move. Marvel was a dumb idea all around and I don't approve of the way it has handled Star Wars and I am fully aware how Disney screwed up Power Rangers. That being said Saban really only owns half of the Power Rangers Franchise the other belongs to Toei in Japan seeing as how most of the actual action scenes are literally taken from Super Sentai.

IanDLBZF

Marvel was a dumb idea all around and I don't approve of the way it has handled Star Wars.
Ummm, you know back Jetix was a thing Disney was basically airing Marvel TV shows on what was then Toon Disney now Disney XD.
And as far as Star Wars go, Star Wars and Disney have a long history since the 1980s (see also Star Tours).

HMF

Ummm, you know back Jetix was a thing Disney was basically airing Marvel TV shows on what was then Toon Disney now Disney XD.
And as far as Star Wars go, Star Wars and Disney have a long history since the 1980s (see also Star Tours).
So, Universal could also claim to have a history with Marvel seeing as how they had (and still have) an entire section of Islands of Adventure dedicated to them as well as numerous other studios like Fox (X-Men) and Sony (Spider-Man)

IanDLBZF

So, Universal could also claim to have a history with Marvel seeing as how they had (and still have) an entire section of Islands of Adventure dedicated to them.
Sort of. They released Hulk in 2003 just to name one thing in addition to what they have at IOA.

Siren

The old timers' told me that Eisner was literally in the Yacht Club selecting drapes for all the hotel rooms. His leadership style seems to contrast greatly with Iger's -- who appears to leverage more autonomy to his leadership team and employees.

Remember, Iger did not build empty parks (AK and DHS) and then charge full price. He did not create DVC and then allocate funds that were intended for the parks for DVC.

Iger deserves some credit for transforming Disney into one the most powerful brands in the world.

I totally respect Eisner, too. He is the reason WDW has FOUR theme parks, he laid the foundation to grow and expand.

I have nothing bad to say about either one. They're just different, both have pluses and minuses under their tenure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom