Eisner Resigns From Disney Board

danielj80

from my point of view i feel it was about time eisner left anyway, when you look at it from a family perspective he ran the company down to a certain point where ofcourse roy disney and his associates had enough of him, and in a way it wasn't really a disney company without a disney family member to carry on the tradition i mean without roy being there it had become a so call eisner world, i was pro eisner for a while but untill i heard he cut all of those jobs from the mgm studios facility that was the final nail in the coffin, i felt sorry for all of those people and their families during that time and i suppose other people would do to, but on that and in other areas, where was the money coming in going towards? well none other than in eisners own pocket and also the disney board. i say bring back roy disney and i hope the new guy taking over from eisner can rebuild a proper family entertainment company.

Tim G

danielj80 said:
from my point of view i feel it was about time eisner left anyway, when you look at it from a family perspective he ran the company down to a certain point where ofcourse roy disney and his associates had enough of him, and in a way it wasn't really a disney company without a disney family member to carry on the tradition i mean without roy being there it had become a so call eisner world, i was pro eisner for a while but untill i heard he cut all of those jobs from the mgm studios facility that was the final nail in the coffin, i felt sorry for all of those people and their families during that time and i suppose other people would do to, but on that and in other areas, where was the money coming in going towards? well none other than in eisners own pocket and also the disney board. i say bring back roy disney and i hope the new guy taking over from eisner can rebuild a proper family entertainment company.
Yep...

And lead the Company to bankruptcy... :rolleyes:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Corrus said:
Yep...

And lead the Company to bankruptcy... :rolleyes:

what an insightfull well constructed point.

With Eisner gone he can no longer be accused of back ground meddling, or is that too simplistic a view?

Dragonrider1227

I thank Eisner for saving Disney from being bought by some other company like Paramount, but due to some of his recent decisions (and some of the old ones I had just recetnly learned) i'm really glad he's leaving.

JeffH

Eisner cut from "One Man's Dream"

Eisner has been cut from the "One Man's Dream" movie and replaced with the voice of Julie Andrews. Julie says the same lines that Mike said but Mike is replaced by other video clips/stills. So we don't see Julie, we only hear her. We noticed this Saturday night (11/3), just before we went over to the Great Movie Ride to see the new clips it now has.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I agree with the above poster who mentioned bringing back some family entertainment to Disney, but Roy is far from the right person to do it. It seems as if he's decent with animation (not even sure if that's true or not), but nothing beyond that.

Tim G

HauntedPirate said:
I agree with the above poster who mentioned bringing back some family entertainment to Disney, but Roy is far from the right person to do it. It seems as if he's decent with animation (not even sure if that's true or not), but nothing beyond that.
They "gave" him the job... the position was created...

LongballMG

Hey.. Hey...

Let's take off the boxing gloves and stop defaming

Roy E. Disney

He has done nothing to the forum members

Mike

Tim G

LongballMG said:
Hey.. Hey...

Roy E. Disney

Mike
Excuse me???

I'm shure you're not aware of what you're saying with that...

First... Roy is only made famous by name, not by his achievement...

speck76

LongballMG said:
Hey.. Hey...

Roy E. Disney

Mike

Has Eisner done anything to the forum members?

Tim G

Connor002 said:
Soooo...
How is Micky doing these days?
Is he still interested in a CEO job?:lookaroun
Nope... and I'm glad he's happy, and not interested in that CEO position...

Connor002

Somehow I think this is a time for the American Adventure quote.
"The golden age is never the current age."
You don't realize how much you like him until he's gone.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom