Eddie Sotto's take on the current state of the parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedenterprises

We have discussed it here, I don't have any info on the status of WDW Transportation. I'm not a bus fan, but I'm told they are the most cost effective way as of right now. They scream "real world" and that depresses me.

Figured as much. Do you think PRT is a good idea for WDW? Cost aside...

EDIT: I discovered a wonderful thing called the "search" button.... so... next topic anyone? lol

flavious27

Hope no one minds if I change the subject a bit.

With news of the monorail cutting service during EMH, it has me wondering about WDW transportation again.

I can't understand their decision to do this, the monorails handle a chunk of traffic with their diesel bill only going to grow higher with more bus traffic. Also their deluxe hotel guests are going to pick a fit with the monorails being one of draws and costs of their hotel rooms.

Figured as much. Do you think PRT is a good idea for WDW? Cost aside...

I think it could be a good fix with the next gen ideas that have been discussed here and also rumored all over the net. PRTs can also be used in a way to show different parts of the property to guests like how the wdwrr does with MK.

PalisadesPkteer

Maybe it is time to build a fully functioning People Mover system with enclosed cars.

And when they get to stations the doors automatically open to let off travelers. Have a short distance between and on other side of station after travelers get on have doors close the same way at other end of station.

You know. More or less like the People Mover works NOW!

Yea! 400th Post!

flavious27

Maybe it is time to build a fully functioning People Mover system with enclosed cars.

And when they get to stations the doors automatically open to let off travelers. Have a short distance between and on other side of station after travelers get on have doors close the same way at other end of station.

You know. More or less like the People Mover works NOW!

Yea! 400th Post!

PRTs can be parked to let guests off without holding up the trains behind them.

Personal-Rapid-Transit-electric-vehicles-at-a-parking-station-at-the-Masdar-Institute-of-Science-and-Technology-in-Abu-Dhabi-Duncan-Chard-Bloomberg-Getty-Images-.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Over 1 million posts, and over 5000 posts - the most read discussion thread on WDWMAGIC! Thanks to Eddie and everyone who has taken part.

Part II is now at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=4653049

Once a thread becomes a certain size, it begins to affect the performance of the database server, which slows down the entire forum. This thread is now closed for new posts, but will remain available for viewing. I hope you all continue to post in the discussions in the new thread. Thanks!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=4653049

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom