Easter week question

BowerFamilyBand

My family is deciding on whether to go to Disney this coming April. The kids have the week after Easter off. I was wondering how crowd levels are. Also I imagine the prices run at peak prices this week. Any advice or thoughts would be great.

Thanks

ratherbeinwdw

My family is deciding on whether to go to Disney this coming April. The kids have the week after Easter off. I was wondering how crowd levels are. Also I imagine the prices run at peak prices this week. Any advice or thoughts would be great.

Thanks
Don't do it. We bit the bullet and did it anyway knowing it would be bad, but it was so much more crowded than ever before at that time. Even Stitch had a 40 minute wait at one point. It was crazy. At least if you have your three fastpasses, you will be able to ride some things, but if riding is important to you, I would wait. June is much better than the week before and after Easter. We've always been able to ride as much as we want, using early hours, in June. It is hot, but not nearly as hot as July, and August.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Some of us don't have a choice - we have to visit WDW during peak times due to work (ie teacher in the family, or school age kids). Our first 5 visits were during Easter and we had a blast.
If you plan for the crowds then everything is manageable - our first Easter trip was with virtually no Disney knowledge and we look back with fond memories.
The week after Easter is the quieter of the two

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Did it this year - a family birthday fell that week - and it was crowded! But the weather was nice. But if you plan - and look at crowd calendars like Touring Plans to give you an idea of which park is going to be in the red zone on a particular day - then you should be okay. Take advantage of those Extra Magic Hours, especially in the AM and know that dinner time can be the best time to ride some of the more popular rides since everyone else will be eating. And unless you want to wait for an hour to get on a bus back to your resort, leave the Magic Kingdom right around the start of the 3:00 PM parade... And in the evening, hang around for at least an hour after the end of Wishes as the park clears out after the fireworks and you will once again be waiting, waiting, waiting for that bus back to your resort, even though Disney has finally gotten smart and added more buses to handle the mass exodus after Wishes.

I take the crowds as a challenge - I survived the Brazilian Tour Group invasion in July - and a great time to people watch. Amazing what people will wear to a crowded public venue....

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

It can be very crowded but I've gone over Easter before and was comparable to summer crowds and once not bad at all. There's predicting crowds but in all honesty you'll never be 100% till you get there. I went a week in July over Brazilian invasion time and it wasn't even busy (Thank you World Cup) so you just never know. I always just prepare for the worst and if it's better than win :)

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Many northern schools have the first full week of April for spring break, regardless of the holiday so it spreads out the crowds. But when those two things coincide like they will in 2015, OMG Holy Crowds. Last year was awesome because there was a 3 week lag between the two and crowds were less than some summer days. We have learned from experience only to go to Disney for spring break when it is at least two weeks off from the actual holiday.

If it's your only time to go, just go with a plan and be prepared. You may not get to see and do as much but You'll still have fun!

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Easter week is like Christmas, Thanksgiving. They are the heaviest of crowds. Personally, I cannot stand huge crowds. I will either go during a slower period or not go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom