Eastenders

melmel89

Original Poster
One for the British WDW fans I guess unless its possible to get it on cable or something. who has been watching the live episodes?
any bets on who killed Lucy?

Eric1955

I'm not British but I love Eastenders and I never miss an episode. I've been enjoying the live episodes and it was especially nice to have Peggy back. I've changed my mind about a dozen times about who killed Lucy. After the last episode Jane is probably too obvious, but they certainly made it look like she knows something. If I had to guess I'd say Bobby killed Lucy and Jane helped cover it up.

Last edited:

stevehousse

Never heard of Eastenders, what is it about? I love British tv! My favorites are The Inbetweeners, Misfits, and my absolute favorite show ever, Skins! I miss it :(

Eric1955

Never heard of Eastenders, what is it about? I love British tv! My favorites are The Inbetweeners, Misfits, and my absolute favorite show ever, Skins! I miss it :(

I love British TV too! I watch way too much of it.
Eastenders is a popular primetime soap opera on BBC One that's been on since 1985 and it's AWESOME! It's hard keeping up with all the episodes but I have to because the show is completely addictive. This week is the big 30th anniversary and the episodes this week are live. The show follows the lives of the people living in the fictional borough of Walford in London's East End.

Last edited:

melmel89

Original Poster
I don't know about you but I cannot wait for the big reveal tonight, when I was reading the paper on the way into university it was saying bets have been placed over £3 million as to who the killer is! we only spent £800k on betting who shot JR. the bobby theory is really popular over here I think I would go with that or Ian. do you watch Coronation street at all Eric 1955? that's pretty good too, its set like 20 mins away from where I live.

melmel89

Original Poster

I love the inbetweeners it makes me feel better about my own awkward teenage years :) the first movie is hilarious.

Eric1955

When I lived in Canada for a short time I would watch Coronation Street on CBC, but I haven't watched it in a while. I just never have been able to get into Corrie for some reason. I can't get enough Eastenders though! I'm sure you're watching it right now, but I have to wait till later :( and it's killing me. I didn't realize the Bobby theory was so popular. I thought I was bing clever coming up with that one.

melmel89

Original Poster
Its good but EE is more dramatic and always does an exciting but very emotional Christmas episode. I just finished watching it, I won't spoil it for you it's a fantastic episode I can't wait for tomorrows. the bobby theory has been a late bloomer but it seemed to be getting a lot of support on social media over the past day or two. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

Eric1955

Its good but EE is more dramatic and always does an exciting but very emotional Christmas episode. I just finished watching it, I won't spoil it for you it's a fantastic episode I can't wait for tomorrows. the bobby theory has been a late bloomer but it seemed to be getting a lot of support on social media over the past day or two. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

I just finished watching both of tonight's episodes. They were great!

Eric1955

Yeah, I watched the flashback.
It was Bobby! I had forgotten about there being two episodes. For a moment I thought Jane really did do it.

Last edited:

Eric1955

I really liked the opening scene referencing the opening scene of the first episode. And the music from 1985 was a nice touch.

Last edited:

melmel89

Original Poster
It has been done so well. some of our press have been critical over how long it has taken for the information to be revealed, but I think it added to the suspense. its all people have been talking about this week, and I think it wouldn't have been the case if the storyline had only spanned a few weeks. the blast from the past (2nd spoiler alert) was crazy Twitter went nuts over here when that bit came on! Can't wait to see how it all develops, there has been a bit of a lull with TV over here since Christmas so it's nice so have something to watch.

melmel89

Original Poster
I think you're right about the whodunit needing to be dragged out. There certainly was a lot going on in last night's live episode. I'm wondering about what's going to happen with Dot.
I had forgotten about Dot! there really was a lot going on last night. I really hope she isn't retiring she's awesome, when she does interviews over here she is so sassy and vibrant you would never know she's in her late 80's! she's like our betty white.

Eric1955

I had forgotten about Dot! there really was a lot going on last night. I really hope she isn't retiring she's awesome, when she does interviews over here she is so sassy and vibrant you would never know she's in her late 80's! she's like our betty white.

I love June Brown! She's quite a character. I hope she continues to play Dot for as long as she can. I was liking how the story was going with everyone planning to cover for Dot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom