Early Park Admission back to one park

PrincessNelly_NJ

Original Poster
Just heard that starting Sept 2, early park admission will be back to one park only. USF.

I'm assuming this mean that Hogwarts express wont start running trains until IOA opens... Guess I'll find out in October!

JoeCamel

I was wondering about labor on my way to DA at 8 this morning. Didn't it used to be that most of the park was open for EPA? If all they are operating is DA for that hour they are really saving on labor.

Clyde

Labor costs.
Hmmmm, that doesn't sound strong enough to me. Maybe it's a factor, but that was one of the real benefits of staying at their hotels. I'm not sure the potential loss from Hotel bookings would even out with the labor costs.

I would be completely through with Potterville in that hour and watch the crowds start flooding in as I went to Pteranadon flyers (no express pass) with the kids. It was beautiful! :D

I can't imagine paying a 100 employees at $10-15 an hour or what have you, for an extra hour could have that big of an impact.
There is a bigger story here. Something to do with an over all concept change. Or maybe they are experimenting with what sort of impact it has on the hotels. If there isn't a big impact, maybe they take it away entirely.
So stinky for me.

KingdomofDreams

Early entry isn't really a big concern to us as on-site resort guests as long as we have the Express Pass benefit. That is the make or break for us. I could see them rotating the early opening between the two parks rather than opening both early every morning. Either that or open FJ to EP access.

On the subject of park hours... Does anyone know why the Uni parks close so early, even in summer?

danpam1024

try as I may, but I can NEVER drag my sorry a$$ outta bed to get to the park in time for EPA. Never did at Disney either. I did enjoy later hours at Epcot, and often wondered why Uni didn't try that instead. Free unlimited EP is enough of a benefit for me to stay on site- not to mention package delivery to the room, and the gorgeous properties.

danpam1024

Hmmmm, that doesn't sound strong enough to me. Maybe it's a factor, but that was one of the real benefits of staying at their hotels. I'm not sure the potential loss from Hotel bookings would even out with the labor costs.

I would be completely through with Potterville in that hour and watch the crowds start flooding in as I went to Pteranadon flyers (no express pass) with the kids. It was beautiful! :D

I can't imagine paying a 100 employees at $10-15 an hour or what have you, for an extra hour could have that big of an impact.
There is a bigger story here. Something to do with an over all concept change. Or maybe they are experimenting with what sort of impact it has on the hotels. If there isn't a big impact, maybe they take it away entirely.
So stinky for me.
maybe they have researched the number of guests that actually DO take advantage of EPA vs the bookings at the hotels and realized it isn't that much of a benefit :confused:. All they really need to do is add EP to EVERYTHING and it won't be necessary- except for CBBR guests.

GLaDOS

While you will only be able to enter the parks through USF, WWoHP in IoA will be open, as will the Hogwarts Express. You just need to get to IoA through the Express.

shipley731

9-10 just seems really early to me in the summer. I'd much rather be in the parks at night when it's cooler. Also, I enjoy the atmosphere of the parks at night.

I think there is some kind of city of Orlando noise ordinance involved with the closing time. I've read elsewhere that they aren't supposed to run the coasters after 11pm in order to comply with the ordinance.

Years ago, I went to HHN when it was running between both parks. The Hulk shut down at 10pm. I didn't care as I don't like roller coasters, but the other couple that went with us was ed.

Clyde

maybe they have researched the number of guests that actually DO take advantage of EPA vs the bookings at the hotels and realized it isn't that much of a benefit :confused:. All they really need to do is add EP to EVERYTHING and it won't be necessary- except for CBBR guests.
Research? What's that? :D
I think this IS the research you are mentioning. Either way I don't like it.

The poor CBBR people get basically zero benefit if this goes away entirely. How stinky is that?

danpam1024

Research? What's that? :D
I think this IS the research you are mentioning. Either way I don't like it.

The poor CBBR people get basically zero benefit if this goes away entirely. How stinky is that?
Their benefit is destroying an on site hotel I guess :mad:

DisneyDaver

I don't envision it going away entirely (at least anytime in the near to mid future), but it is not surprising that they would switch EPA to 1 park per day. On the website that described the benefit, it has said early admission to 1 park (even while EPA was running at both parks).

Milla4Prez66

You still get early entry into DA and EFG, which is a major plus. I don't see a reason to be upset, if I had early entry I wouldn't want to waste it in IOA anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom