Early Morning Magic. MUST DO!!!

21stamps

Original Poster
EMM guests can enter the turnstiles 15 minutes before the general public is allowed to enter at 8 am. EMM guests are allowed entry into Fantasyland while other guests must remain on Main Street or in the castle hub until after the very brief welcome show on the castle stage a couple minutes before 9 am. Then the park is officially open. Fantasyland has an "earlier" rush of people at rope drop now that guests can wait in front of the castle rather than in front of the train station.

Hopefully the early rush will head to the rides that we've already done!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Are the routes to the rest of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.roped off? Just wondering if you can edge towards IASW and HM 5 minutes early, or just be in position ready to beat the Hub crowd.

I realise many of them will be heading to 7dmt and PP. My idea was to ride those two and go back for breakfast after. When do you need to be inside for breakfast? I assume you could go at 9:45 and linger after 10.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Are the routes to the rest of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.roped off? Just wondering if you can edge towards IASW and HM 5 minutes early, or just be in position ready to beat the Hub crowd.

I realise many of them will be heading to 7dmt and PP. My idea was to ride those two and go back for breakfast after. When do you need to be inside for breakfast? I assume you could go at 9:45 and linger after 10.
There are CMs stationed in those areas to turn guests away until the park is officially open. I can't help with your breakfast question.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

I cannot justify spending $70 per person for Fantasyland. 7DMT is not worth the time or wait. PP and Pooh are minor rides.

When you compare this to E-Ride nights which were $10/person, the entire park was open late for 3-hours, and it was limited to 1,000 people.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I cannot justify spending $70 per person for Fantasyland. 7DMT is not worth the time or wait. PP and Pooh are minor rides.

When you compare this to E-Ride nights which were $10/person, the entire park was open late for 3-hours, and it was limited to 1,000 people.

That's why it's optional. And E ride nights no longer exist.. so, no use for me to compare them when planning.

It's a small world opened at 8:45 when I was there, they had cm's stationed to only allow people with the bracelets past a certain point. We did IASW and the carousel before the park opened, took a few MM photos.. Then we had breakfast around 9:20 and hit the tea cups and Barnstormer after. I'll probably hold off on breakfast til a little later next time.

From what Tuvalu said, I think the only thing that will change is the amount of people in Fantasyland prior to 9:15. Going in to breakfast there wasn't too many people around, coming out- stroller overload, and 7DMT was at a 70 minute wait. It was such a stark contrast!

You'll love it!! My personal opinion is that it's one of the best values in WDW.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
That's why it's optional. And E ride nights no longer exist.. so, no use for me to compare them when planning.

It's a small world opened at 8:45 when I was there, they had cm's stationed to only allow people with the bracelets past a certain point. We did IASW and the carousel before the park opened, took a few MM photos.. Then we had breakfast around 9:20 and hit the tea cups and Barnstormer after. I'll probably hold off on breakfast til a little later next time.

From what Tuvalu said, I think the only thing that will change is the amount of people in Fantasyland prior to 9:15. Going in to breakfast there wasn't too many people around, coming out- stroller overload, and 7DMT was at a 70 minute wait. It was such a stark contrast!

You'll love it!! My personal opinion is that it's one of the best values in WDW.

Thanks for that reply. I wasn't convinced at first, because of the small number of rides open, but it sounds like we could get quite a lot done before breakfast.

Upvote 0

TDGMedley

This may be a dumb question but will the buses run that early for extra morning magic hours. I have never made it to even rope drop before. Every trip we think about it but ever happens. Im still in the early planning for my feb 2018 trip. Does anyone know what day they may offer the Extra morning hours.?

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
Thanks for that reply. I wasn't convinced at first, because of the small number of rides open, but it sounds like we could get quite a lot done before breakfast.

Honestly, I wasn't totally convinced before I did last year either.. even my TA said she thought it wasn't needed. But, if you like those three rides, and you want to experience Fantasyland without any level of crowds- it's perfect :)
You have the choice to enjoy the queue at 7DMT and Pooh, or you can take the short cut. You do not have to exit and come back in to ride again, they have a partition open to immediately get right back on. My son enjoys the queues and typically doesn't have time to stop at all when a line is moving.,so we did take some time to do each of those once.

I am soooo glad that we did it. (Obviously it shows when I created this thread lol)
The food was good too, a nice buffet.

This may be a dumb question but will the buses run that early for extra morning magic hours. I have never made it to even rope drop before. Every trip we think about it but ever happens. Im still in the early planning for my feb 2018 trip. Does anyone know what day they may offer the Extra morning hours.?

I think so, the monorail and resort launches were both running, so I'm assuming the busses were too, but can't say for certain. I would recommend Uber for that morning either way.
We didn't arrive til just after 8am, I heard other people say they entered the park just after 7:30.. next time I plan on being earlier.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

This may be a dumb question but will the buses run that early for extra morning magic hours.
Buses start running at 0630, so you can definitely get to MK early enough. I wouldn't take Uber or a taxi- their drop off point is at the TTC. Or you could ask to be dropped at the Contemporary (and then you'd have to walk from there). The buses shouldn't be that crowded that early in the morning

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom