Early MNSSHP... how crowded?

UberPlannerMom

We are planning on going to the Sept 18th party. I know it's only the second party so I'm just wondering if perhaps it is less crowded than parties closer to Halloween. Obviously it will be less crowded than actual Halloween, but is it that the further from Halloween the less crowded?

Tom 55

A lot of the night sell out all the tickets. So it is very well attended. My first time was in 2009. I was amazed at how large the crowd was for the parade. We were warned and got a spot 45 minutes before parade. To get front row near Liberty Square. Since then I have been a number of times and the crowds are still there.In 2014 paid the $60 per person to go to Villians Take over the Castle. That got a reserved space right in front of caste. I felt it was worth it. It is not available anymore but there is a dessert party that I think give you a reserve viewing spot. My view of the Head less Horseman from 2014 reserved spot. Second is from 2009.

Attachments

• 2014-09-12 20.11.01.jpg
    2014-09-12 20.11.01.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1440.JPG
    IMG_1440.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0

marissieviolissie

I never considered it crowed but when the parade starts it does look like it is.
Yet waiting times for most rides were about 10min or less apart from SDMT. But if you go right after the fireworks you may be able to walk right on.

Lines for characters can be longer though. But all in all I'd say that the early parties are pretty good crowdwise. I don't think they even sell out on those dates but I can't be sure ofcourse.

Upvote 0

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Yay! We will be the family in the very lame Marvel costume t-shirts lol. As if you would even run into us! I wanted to "dress up" but did not want to actually have to wear a costume. So costume t-shirts it is!! I will be Deadpool...because he is my kindred spirit :)

Nice! I will keep an eye out!

I didn't want a full costume either... so I tried to convince our group to "Disneybound." Not very successful though! We are thinking of buying ears and t-shirts for some nice group pics during the party... not sure what we will pick yet! I think we will buy the day before in DTD. ;)

Upvote 0

belledream

We went to one of the earlier parties in 2013 and I have nothing else to compare it to, but I think you can count on lower crowds just because of the time period (early/mid Sept. is for the most part, less crowded than end of Sept. into Oct. thanks for Food & Wine). Of course, it will seem crowded if you are waiting in line for big ticket items like meeting the 7 Dwarves or other popular characters, but arrive early, enjoy the atmosphere, find a nice spot for parade and fireworks, and soak it all in!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JennSmith

Nice! I will keep an eye out!

I didn't want a full costume either... so I tried to convince our group to "Disneybound." Not very successful though! We are thinking of buying ears and t-shirts for some nice group pics during the party... not sure what we will pick yet! I think we will buy the day before in DTD. ;)
Oh that's a good idea too!

Upvote 0

malice

I went last year on 9/23 and the skies began to pour shortly after arriving at 4PM and did not let up until 8PM. Lines were pretty much walk on except for 7 Dwarves, which had a 35 min wait. Trick or Treat trails moved briskly, and the queues for the character meets didn't look too bad.

Upvote 0

smk

Hint for the parade, the headless horseman run (gallops) thru the first part of the parade and then he makes his way to the hub, around the turn to go to the hub by Liberty Square area, he slows to a walk.He walks around the hub, with all the construction this year I don't know if he can go this route but if he does it is good picture taking in that area.

Upvote 0

PlaneCrazy1978

We have gone to either the first or the second party in September for at least 5 years now. And the park is completely and totally empty. That's one of the reasons we like to go at that time.

So empty one time we rode SM two times in a row without getting out of the boats. CM just asked us if we wanted to go again and we screamed and off we went. Or this will put crowd levels into perspective for you. Last year peter pan was 20 minutes. Most others were walk on.

See you on the 18th!

Hint for the parade, the headless horseman run (gallops) thru the first part of the parade and then he makes his way to the hub, around the turn to go to the hub by Liberty Square area, he slows to a walk.He walks around the hub, with all the construction this year I don't know if he can go this route but if he does it is good picture taking in that area.

I heard the hub is going to be finished before the first MNSSHP. I really really hope so or else that is going to be messed up.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom