Early breakfast bites in DCA

mgat5

We just got back from Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, we stayed at the GCH... We used the coffee bar downstairs in the lobby. They do have pastries and fresh fruit too. I believe it opens quite early, at least it was early enough to stop by before waiting in line for the EM at CA.
We also got some bagels, peanut butter, milk and cereal at the grocery store close by and kept it in the room for a quick breakfast. They do have coffee makers in the room but honestly, we didn't dare to use them... it seemed they hadn't been cleaned, EVER!

A couple of days my husband headed to Starbucks and said it wasn't crowded at all... :)

Thumper14

Original Poster
We just got back from Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, we stayed at the GCH... We used the coffee bar downstairs in the lobby. They do have pastries and fresh fruit too. I believe it opens quite early, at least it was early enough to stop by before waiting in line for the EM at CA.
We also got some bagels, peanut butter, milk and cereal at the grocery store close by and kept it in the room for a quick breakfast. They do have coffee makers in the room but honestly, we didn't dare to use them... it seemed they hadn't been cleaned, EVER!

A couple of days my husband headed to Starbucks and said it wasn't crowded at all... :)

Awesome, thank you for the update. Since we love our coffee and are traveling with no kids, Starbucks is looking very promising for the CA EM on Sunday. We will wake early no matter how hard we try to sleep in that first morning. I could not remember if there was a coffee bar at GCH or what time it open. The coffee in the room is not my favorite either. The rest of the weekday mornings it is White Water Snacks for breakfast sandwiches, Storytellers for a character breakfast and the Jazz Kitchen for hot beignets.

Thumper14

Original Poster
I did not realize the Hearthstone Lounge served continental breakfast and coffee!! I have stopped for nightcaps before. They open at 6:00 am btw. Great idea for morning coffee to enjoy on the balcony. I did opt for the theme park view.

Eric The Disnerd

I am making tentative plans for our upcoming visit. We are staying at the Grand Californian and plan to take advantage of the 7:00 am EMH opening at DCA on Sunday, April 26. Any suggestions on where to get a quick breakfast in DCA before 8:00 am or in DTD even earlier around 6:00 am?

35 years together and still counting!  
My recommendation to you is to wake up around 6:30 and head out to a local diner! Arrive at the parks around 7:50 for rope drop! It's honestly the best part of a Disney trip! Although, on my recent trip, we packed a few nut bars and bananas and we had a munch when we got hungry. Seemed to work fine :/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom