Early breakfast bites in DCA

Thumper14

Original Poster
I am making tentative plans for our upcoming visit. We are staying at the Grand Californian and plan to take advantage of the 7:00 am EMH opening at DCA on Sunday, April 26. Any suggestions on where to get a quick breakfast in DCA before 8:00 am or in DTD even earlier around 6:00 am?

35 years together and still counting!  

Thumper14

Original Poster
Storytellers, in the GC, has a good breakfast buffet, and it's close to the GC entrance to DCA.
Yes, but they have a buffet and it starts at 7:00. I plan to eat there during the weekdays of our visit. White Water also does not open until 7:00 from what I can find. We plan to be walking into or standing in line to walk into the Park at 7:00.

Thumper14

Original Poster
I am looking for a place to pick up a pastry, donut, croissant or even a breakfast sandwich and coffee. We will find a sit down place later that morning for a casual brunch. I was not sure if Starbucks aka Fiddlers would be insane or not. And it is currently a hike to get there from the GC entrance. We need some quick fuel and coffee to get through the morning. Maybe I will pick something up the night before and have on the balcony with coffee Sunday am.

westie

If you like powdered eggs and paper thin bacon, Flo's is the place to go! Actually its not bad. You do get real plates and silverware. What I like is to hit up early admission and head straight to RSR and then Flo's. Get a window seat at Flo's right before the opening gate drop and watch the herd come running down the main drag to RSR. Its a pretty amazing site. But, if you want something cheap and quick I'd kinda/maybe suggest Earl of Sandwich in DTD. Its not pretty but it gets the job done.

Thumper14

Original Poster
If you like powdered eggs and paper thin bacon, Flo's is the place to go! Actually its not bad. You do get real plates and silverware. What I like is to hit up early admission and head straight to RSR and then Flo's. Get a window seat at Flo's right before the opening gate drop and watch the herd come running down the main drag to RSR. Its a pretty amazing site. But, if you want something cheap and quick I'd kinda/maybe suggest Earl of Sandwich in DTD. Its not pretty but it gets the job done.
We love grabbing a coffee and slice of pie during the late hours at DC and crowd watch at Flo's. The canyon is so pretty at night. I think I might grab a couple of cupcakes from Jolly Holiday the night before and see if they last until breakfast Sunday. We have reserved the theme park view at GC. Hopefully we get a high floor. The coffee is not great in the rooms, but a bet those cupcakes will make up for it. And the balcony view will certainly add the right ambiance for a great great breakfast at 6:00 am.

Thumper14

Original Poster
Fiddler Fifer and Practical Café on BVS should be open during EMH. If not it opens 30 minutes before the park officially opens.
Hopefully they at least have hamster trail construction boards up by then so you can take a left from the GC entrance, and not have to canvas the park.

Figments Friend

I came in to suggest Flo*s as well, if they are open that early.
The french toast they offer is quite yummy, and a large group of CMs are usually there to greet you brightly as you enter.
Fiddler & Fife Cafe will likely be packed if they are open.

For something quick on your way, DTD is probably a option.
There is a non-Starbucks option right before you enter the bag-check line prior to entering the plaza area.
Name escapes me at the moment...

There is also IHOP across the street on Harbor Blvd where i believe they offer take out options as well as full table service meals.
Something i found interesting however last time a visited in September was that a similar breakfast meal at Flo*s was actually cheaper in price then IHOP.

Thumper14

Original Poster
I came in to suggest Flo*s as well, if they are open that early.
The french toast they offer is quite yummy, and a large group of CMs are usually there to greet you brightly as you enter.
Fiddler & Fife Cafe will likely be packed if they are open.

For something quick on your way, DTD is probably a option.
There is a non-Starbucks option right before you enter the bag-check line prior to entering the plaza area.
Name escapes me at the moment...

There is also IHOP across the street on Harbor Blvd where i believe they offer take out options as well as full table service meals.
Something i found interesting however last time a visited in September was that a similar breakfast meal at Flo*s was actually cheaper in price then IHOP.
I have learned that Starbucks by any name is insane in the morning anywhere you go. So as much as I love the coffee, I avoid them. I was looking for in park ideas. I am not sure which counter service places are open during EMH. I think grabbing a couple of cupcakes from the Jolly Holiday the night before might be my best bet for the morning pep we need to tackle a EMH.

Thumper14

Original Poster
I have checked the Jolly Holiday menu and they have lots of yummy breakfast ideas to accompany my coffee for a very early morning breakfast on the Grand Californian balcony in my pajamas and robe! We are spending the night before in Disneyland so we will drop by JH before they close. I just have to resist consuming them for a late night snack in the hotel or breakdown and buy duplicates.

Thank you for your suggestions.
If anyone knows how to see what is open during EMH, please let me know.

Thumper14

Original Poster
Why not take a mid-morning break and have "late" breakfast at Flo's? We ate there several times....yum.
Thanks, Tom. I wanted suggestions for early quick eats. It is difficult finding the operating times for quick service. We are from the midwest and our bellys will still be 2 hours later than the local time and hungry. I do plan on a relaxing brunch after taking advantage of the early morning low crowds. Flo's is sounding very good for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom