Early 2016 plans

Marianm

I've been torn between going in mid-february or early March. I finally made a room reservation for March 4-10, but I'm still stuck on wether or not I should go back and book for February instead?? Around the 6th, leaving before Presidents Day. Anyone have any experience going in Feb? My concerns are the cooler weather (I have younger kids and want them to be able to swim) and ride closures.
Thanks!!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I would stick with March. Mardi Gras is on 2/9 in 2016 so that weekend before many arrive and stay until after Mardi Gras. Many in the south have kids out of school Mardi Gras week for a winter break so it gets really crowded. I have family and friends that go every Mardi Gras and have said it is very crowded in the parks that week. Not as crowded as Christmas etc but still very busy. I do not know if any spring breaks fall on your dates in March but that brings very large crowds as well. If not then definately March would be your best bet IMO. :)

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I would stick with March. Mardi Gras is on 2/9 in 2016 so that weekend before many arrive and stay until after Mardi Gras. Many in the south have kids out of school Mardi Gras week for a winter break so it gets really crowded. I have family and friends that go every Mardi Gras and have said it is very crowded in the parks that week. Not as crowded as Christmas etc but still very busy. I do not know if any spring breaks fall on your dates in March but that brings very large crowds as well. If not then definately March would be your best bet IMO. :)
Lol you and Mardi Gras. I still maintain that these crowds you talk about are a myth. Those days are VALUE season, i.e. lowest prices and least crowded times of the year.

Of bigger concern is president's day, when all the NORTHERN kids (the ones whose parents really really want to escape the snow) are on break. You'd be there at check-in time for the president's week crowds at the end of your week.

@sxeensweet maybe that's what you're thinking of? Mardi Gras is busy if and only if it also happens to be president's week.

Upvote 0

Marianm

Original Poster
I actually tried to book on Monday, Presidents' Day, and the rooms I were looking at were already booked... So I'm assuming it will be crowded. That's why I was looking at the week before, but not sure about weather. Thanks all!

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Lol you and Mardi Gras. I still maintain that these crowds you talk about are a myth. Those days are VALUE season, i.e. lowest prices and least crowded times of the year.

Of bigger concern is president's day, when all the NORTHERN kids (the ones whose parents really really want to escape the snow) are on break. You'd be there at check-in time for the president's week crowds at the end of your week.

@sxeensweet maybe that's what you're thinking of? Mardi Gras is busy if and only if it also happens to be president's week.
No even when Mardi Gras is not around Presidents' Day it is crowded. Exactly why a lot of people go because it is Value season. My family and friends pick that time because of that and their winter break during Mardi Gras. Not Christmas like crowded but definately very busy!
Look it up on these boards there is many posts about Mardi Gras having crowds. I did a search just now and sure enough it has been talked about many times before or mentioned in posts. (Not just me mentioning it either! Lol)
Whatever! Lol I know and everyone I know that goes at that time every single year knows this to be true. :)

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

No even when Mardi Gras is not around Presidents' Day it is crowded. Exactly why a lot of people go because it is Value season. My family and friends pick that time because of that and their winter break during Mardi Gras. Look it up on these boards there is many posts about Mardi Gras having crowds. I did a search just now and sure enough it has been talked about many times before or mentioned in posts.
Whatever! Lol I know and everyone I know that goes at that time every single year knows this to be true. :)
I like you as a poster and I'm certainly not saying you're being dishonest but why don't ANY of the crowd calendars bear this out?

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I like you as a poster and I'm certainly not saying you're being dishonest but why don't ANY of the crowd calendars bear this out?
I like you too as a poster so it is mutual. I really don't know why it does not and they questioned that too! Lol My fam and friends will use the crowd calendar themselves and didn't get that either!! LOL A mystery I guess! That is why I never really use the crowd calendar myself much as it can be off. :)

Upvote 0

Seanual757

I would have kept March only because the weather in Feb is normally on the cold side. This past Feb around your dates we were in the 30's and 40's on the weekend we hit high 60's. It's been like this for temps for as long as I can remember.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I would have kept March only because the weather in Feb is normally on the cold side. This past Feb around your dates we were in the 30's and 40's on the weekend we hit high 60's. It's been like this for temps for as long as I can remember.
That's unusually cold but you do run that risk. Average February weather is a high of 73 and a low of 50.

Upvote 0

Seanual757

For February that is average for the Orlando area been like that for the past 15 years. Every year we have a car show held about 10 min from Disney and each year the same time it's cold and rainy on the last day (Saturday) it will get into the 60's maybe 70's. As a local the best month IMHO is March the weather is nice, this past weekend we were in the mid to high 90's.

Upvote 0

Marianm

Original Poster
I have fam in Florida so was in Disney last weekend and that was way too hot for me. Last winter was unusually cold, so hopefully this won't be so bad. I will be rebooking in the summer/fall when their packages are released anyways. thing about disney, can always cancel and rebook :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom